Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
optinos are GOOOOOOOOD!!!!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-09-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
yah, lol, i try to not take to long of a set when im in others boats. but i always make sure to flow some extra coin there way. but when its like me jenna and a third ? i try to ride as long and hard as i can. i rode from orwood all the to garlic brothers a few weeks ago. made it there just in time for lunch. i was smoked!!!!!! im not only a "snob" im a wake feen!!!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-09-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
i think it comes from you're localism surfing background Bryan.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
It's all good Bryan.
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-09-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
and I thought it was all about having fun. what do I know?
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-09-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Hahahah I've never even been behind a boat with any weight besides people, and I've only been behind a boat with a tower three times.

I guess my lack of experience behind a nice wakeboat make me pretty unsnobby since I ride anytime I can ever get a pull.

Until I get to ride behind a real wakeboat with a nice wake and a tower regularly I'll happy eat trying 3's.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-09-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
My peave is crappy drivers,I cannot and will not tolerate a crappy driver.
I also would be offended if someone I invited brought sacks.It would imply that I am not competent enough to dial my boat.
If I end up on a boat with a subpar wake I just break out the wakeskate and do the best I can.
Old    walt            10-09-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   

quote:

My peave is crappy drivers,I cannot and will not tolerate a crappy driver.

Dealing with a bad driver sucks and I'm a lucky guy to have met and rode with so many good drivers/riders all thanks to wakeworld.

It's a rare day that I have to deal with one and when I do I always suggest they check out wakeworld.com because I know if they do it won't be long before they come across a power turning thread.

I know this is off topic a little but this thread got me thinking about it.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-09-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
Its perfectly on topic and when I think about it I have refused pulls because I didn't like the driver.The wake is only one of many things that can ruin a good set.
People screwing up the water is another big one for me.

(Message edited by formfunction on October 09, 2008)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
That works both ways. I've taken people out who claim they can do big stuff, but my wake is too small to even try (Supra Sunsport...c'mon). It makes me feel like crap a bit, afterall I just invited you on my boat since you don't have one. but its "still" not good enough. On the other side I would be more than happy though if someone brought their own sacs. I know I could use more weight, but if you aint got it, don't complain about what I got...
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-09-2008, 10:19 PM Reply   
Yeah I hear you on the cold thing J-rod wont be long before the drysuit comes out.
Old     (sheehan)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-10-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
I don't have a boat this summer but I plan on having one next summer. If someone ever invites me, I will ask them about their wake, and without being pushy I will try my best to improve it. If they aren't comfortable putting weight in their boat, I won't say another word about it. If I do load someones boat up, I give them extra gas $.

I'm not that great of a rider but I am better than most of the people I ride with. I feel like I educate them a lot about their wake and usually they are very happy when I make their wake taller.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-10-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
its not all bad if its a small wake and needs another few thousand pounds. If i run into this i either try to bring my wakeskate, or ask if they have one.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-10-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
A while back I got a hookup on some 600lb sacks for 20 bucks each. I ended up stocking up on about 6 or 8 of them (knowing I could sell/give them to buddies). If someone says "yah bring some extra sacks" I usually "donate" a sack to the cause...provided they need /could use it.

Agreed on the driver thing, especially dubs! (usually I dont turn down a set due to a driver unless I know they either: cannot hold speed or a straight line...only because you can get hurt riding in that kind of scenario). I have yet to get a power turner but would probably say something (as cordial as possible).

This past year was the first year I actually got another boat to stop power turning. It was an X star on Vics. Each time we passed them I would say "no power turns please" as I rode by. By the 3rd time. They made a half power turn and I said "that's much better, thank you". The very next time they did a proper turn around and I thanked them again. and each time we passed each other...pretty cool actually.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-10-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
M-Dizzle,

You are the bigger man fo sho! I know so many people that go freak out on people who do stuff like power turns and what not. Its cool to see a boarder say the just asked nicely!