Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    aaron_bell            04-16-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
Do you guys use them just to get out of the sun after a long day of boarding? Or do most have them because they look good on a boat. Trying to help justify my purchase.
Old     (mastercraft7100)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-16-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
I use my alot in the July and Oct.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-16-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
No, I use them to stay out of the sun DURING a long day of boarding.

When it is 110 in the shade, and you don't have any shade, a full day in the boat is a real bitch.

If you are going to get a bimini, get one that extends far enough forward and far enough back so that it provides shade for more than just straight up 12:00 noon.
Old    aaron_bell            04-16-2003, 6:44 PM Reply   
Thanks guys! Great advice.. The wife mentioned before that when we were on the river there was no shade and she got toasted by the sun and pretty frosted at me for wanting to stay all day.
Old    spiff            04-16-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
When we test drove our boat, it was freakin hot that day. My fiance said that we HAD to have the bimini. It didn't take much arm twisting to get me to buy the bimini! We use it every time it's sunny and love it.
Old    jacob_morgan            04-16-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
ooooo FYI, a bimini top up on a hurrican deckboat will NOT clear kfc's overhang !
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-17-2003, 5:36 AM Reply   
Wife made me get one for her and the kids.I love the sun but a couple times last year I was very glad to have it! Remember,if she's happy than your happy,and you'll be able to go more.......
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-17-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
if we're out between about late May & early Oct, the bimini's almost always deployed. make sure it's not too high overhead because it won't give as much shade.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2003, 6:52 AM Reply   
I put the bimini up to help shade. When we first started going out, my son was 3, so we needed a bimini for him, and for me since I usually forget to put on the suntan oil....
Old    aaron_bell            04-17-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
Rich... Excellant point!!!!!!!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-17-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
I love my bimini! Best accessory I ever added, next to Perfect Pass.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-17-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
My daughter loves to sleep under it.
Old    sprucie            04-17-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Aaron, the bimini will allow you to ski all day and then still gou out the next day without feeling like you're turning into a crispy critter.