Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    david_jackson            03-31-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
is there any difference except for the clinch thing on the 2004 compared to 2003 please need info
thanks
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-31-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
what 03 and 04 would you be talking about
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-31-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
ya
there is a huge difference. that thing near the top by the funny-shaped thing is different. the kicker is that the backside of the small part is totally redesigned. I almost forgot......the colors are different too.

btw, ditto what JONb says.
Old    david_jackson            03-31-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
o yea bout that i meant the parks
Old    david_jackson            03-31-2004, 7:38 PM Reply   
bindings that is
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-31-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
Foot bed is a little differant.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-31-2004, 11:53 PM Reply   
For being 8 JONb has his $#!T together!!! Oh question, right, uhhh no, maybe.
Old    deiselgrover            04-01-2004, 9:44 AM Reply   
The only difference is like kristian said, the footbed is different. The 04's have a contoured bed so that it is more ergonomical to the balls of your feet. I have the 03's and my wife has the 04's. She hasn't ridin them yet, but I would think that the countouring would be nice. But I have ZERO complaints on the 03's, I love them.
Old    david_jackson            04-01-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
On the reviews for the parks bindings there alot said of them ripping and what not does this happen to many people and have they made improvemts in the rubber or something to stop this from happening
Old    deiselgrover            04-02-2004, 5:32 AM Reply   
I haven't had any problems with mine (03's). I have heard a lot of people say they have had problems, and have also heard a lot say they have had no problems. I believe someone on this board said that the majority of the problems came with the 02's? But I am not positive on that.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-02-2004, 5:41 AM Reply   
the 2002 HL bindings were the ones with "issues". They didn't have the curing times for that compound right, so that lead to a weak overlays.
I've been through one 03 parks overlay, but ifyou take good care of them, I don't think you'll have problems, anyways HL is usually pretty good about replacing that stuff.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-02-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
footbed, heel rubbers, clinch part, possibly higher wrap?? think maybe the forward lean is more, stiffer heel material

correct me, someone, if i'm wrong