Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-14-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
Congratulations to Chris for quitting his office gig in the City and going to work for Mike Schwenne & West Coast Camps at Mike's new Shasta Camp. He just left for McClure for a few days of In-doc-tro-nation with Mike and will be headed up to Shasta after the DRA comp this weekend.

I say chase your dream while you can, $ isn't everything!Upload

(I hope his Mom doesn't see this thread!)Upload
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-14-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Rich, Good for him!! We where talkin about it on the way up to Pillsbury. Thats so sick! He is goin to have a great summer! With all the riding he is going to do, I say he will be ready for the tour next year!(IMO he is right now!!) I'm callin!! Chris Dykmans top contender on the 08 PWT!!!!!!! Congrats Chris, have fun!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Thats sick! I'm hoping to hit up the camp next summer, and Shasta sounds like one of the greatest riding spots in the country.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
I live in Redding and I was out Tuesday night in the general vicinity of Holiday Harbor where Chris will be coaching out of and the water was awesome. It will be a little bit of a change going from the narrow water ways of the Delta to Shasta but you can't beat weekdays on the lake. I'm stoked to see some more talented riders come to this area. Apart from coaching will Chris take part in the local INT and WWA competitions down at Villa Lagos or does he compete in a completely different class/competition.
Old    mendo247            06-14-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Way to go chris!! Congrats! Not gonna miss that commute im sure lol

Rich~ let chris know he left his neo top in my boat during the pillsbury trip.. It looks about used up but may have some sentimental value! i can send it if hes interested pm me..
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-14-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
He's grown up riding the Delta so it will be a change for him.

I'm sure he'll hit all the INT's there, he qualified for the INT Nationals in the Pro division last year after riding a few events in last year's series.

I just hope he comes back down to the dirty Delta once in a while so the "old man" can give him a pull!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-14-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Richard,
Everything he has is pretty used up! LOL

Thanks I'll let him know.
Old    walt            06-14-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Congrats Chris. If you ask me Chris would have a legit shot at hanging with the pro's.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
I'm soo stoked for him.... I've stood around all morning trying to think of ways to get my wife to let me quit work so I could go ride with those guys. I'll let you all know how it works out. LOL!!

I just wish I had a dad as cool as Rich that knew where to put priorities. Too many people get caught up in the rat race. When you've got talent like Chris you've gotta chase the dream and have a great time while you're still young (not that you're ever too old to have a great time.... ha, ha, ha.).

I can guarantee that I'll be visiting them more than a few times this year.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-14-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
WoooHooo! No more early morning BART rides for Chris. Man, wish him luck up there.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-14-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Rich- I'd like to think that the Twelker clan had a little part in talking him into that one. SHHH- don't tell his mom. I think he's an awesome coach. We'll be visiting him up at Shasta.

Chris- if you want any rides after work, we'll be in the neighborhood July 15-22 and Aug. 24-31. Best of luck!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2007, 2:44 PM Reply   
Good call Chris, enjoy your summer & youth. You got your degree and can go back to white collar america later. Hope to see you and your dad at some WWA events this summer.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-14-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
Peter, I think there's plenty of culpability to go around here!

Randy, I think I'll be doing some road trips like you have.

The interesting part of all this is his current employer told him to come back and work for them in Sept when the camp is done. Things have sure changed in the job world these days!
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-15-2007, 12:07 AM Reply   
way to go chris. smart move. if anyone has not seen him ride in person your missing one of the bests that the west coast has to offer. kill it man.