Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (boomboomcart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-19-2006, 5:02 AM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding about a year. I have been using a ski boat and have now finally got a true wakeboard boat and was just wondering what length do I need my rope and what is the average speed I need to be going. Please help me out guys. To let you know how new Im still breaking in the motor!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-19-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
It depends on the boat, how you have it weighted, and the speed you are going. Most riders usually ride between 65' to 75' and 21-23 mph behind an inboard though.

(Message edited by Jon A on February 19, 2006)
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-19-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
congradulations on your wakeboard boat. what kind did u get?

anyway...about rope length, you want to be somewhere between 55 and 75 depending on your riding ability. if your just starting to wakeboard, i'd say to start kinda short to get the hang of jumping wake to wake. if your experiended lengthen it to about 60-65. once you get really, really comfortable, you can make it even longer if you want. the longer it is, the more speed you can get cutting into the wake, and the further into the flats you will land. really, its all about preference, but thats the way it works.

now on boat speed, stay between 18 and 23 about. i prefer to ride at 19.5 because 18 feels to slow and if im going higher than 21, i feel like im flying. but thats just my preference. u might feel more comfortable going faster. kinda like with rope length, its all about preference.

i hope this helps
Old     (boomboomcart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-22-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
05 centurian
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
First - break in. Allow it to warm up to operating temp at idle. Then HIT IT up to 3,500 rpms, then to 4,000, then to 4,500, then to WOT. Each time come back to idle for about 30 seconds. After this, do it again. Then run normally until the 20 hour check. You will preserve the hp of your motor by seating the rings and valves.

I know this is different than the manual. They are concered with detecting a bottom end problem and avoiding injury, not maximizing hp.

As for boat speed and rope, Brad has it dead on.