Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
I have a pioneer premier deck with a CD-MR70 wired remote. The problem that I am having is that when the wired remote is connected to the deck the volume begins to go up uncontrollably until it peaks out. I can't turn it down with the deck or the remote until the remote gets unplugged. I am trying to diagnose whether it is the stereo or the remote. My strange request is if someone in the area has a pioneer deck that would let me come over or meet me somewhere, and try my remote? I know its strange but if anyone has any better suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Cory
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
If you want to make a trip to San Ramon you can use my deck, just make sure it works with pioneer premier.
Send me an email
Whitelye@gmail.com
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-18-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
Let me check and see if we have a remote at the shop, if so you are welcome to come by and we can try that also.
I will let you know tomorrow.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
Most likely the remote has a little moisture under the contact.
Old     (txmotorcop)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-18-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
Yep that happened to me but I own a clarion. I had to change the remote out. Works great now.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
You guys are great. I will be in contact. I think Charles will be the easiest since he is in town but will keep you posted Nate. Thank You.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-20-2007, 12:19 AM Reply   
We don't have a remote in stock, called a couple places local and no one seems to have one.
I will check a couple more sources tomorrow.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-20-2007, 2:55 AM Reply   
You can gie Scott a try in Manteca. I know he deals the Premier. 209-604-6933
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-20-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
You know, my wife is telling me we don't have the $ right now to take care of this. I'm so sorry if I wasted your time but it looks as though my passenger will have to control the stereo for now. Charles thank you for your help and I will be coming to you in the future.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-21-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
We will have a remote in the next day or two, let me know if you want to come by and we can still check it out.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
Cory,

Take the remote out, take it apart and clean it. That may fix your trouble for $0, keeping the wife happy.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Thank you Charles.
May sound dumb but how do you get it apart?
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Ok, so I figured out how to get the remote apart. Now my question is what should I clean it with? I tried rubbing alcohol, it helped remove most of the blue but the problem still exists. I also tried CRC electronics cleaner but again problem still exists.
Any cleaner suggestions?
Upload
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
make sure that the little tactile buttons (square things) feel like they work, and dry the whole thing with a hair dryer. If that doesn't fix it, it's fried.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
They sell a cleaner at Radio Shack for cleaning circuit boards