Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    laceyp            03-30-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
I have 1.2" fins and would like 0.8" but the money situation isn't on my side. I have heard of people grinding down thier fins to a smaller size. Has anyone tried that? I think it is a good idea but I wouldn't trust myself with a grinder and don't know where I could take the fins to get it done right. Does anyone else know?
Thanks
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-30-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
Do you know anyone that may no someone who has a cousins who's former room mate delivers pizza's to a guy who works in a Machine Shop?

Or just take it to a machine shop or tool shapers shop, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.
Old    sbvfive            03-30-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
This may be off topic, but I saw in your profile that you ride a premier. My advice as far as fins is to just take them off. With the premier, it rides way better without the center fin. Try it once and you will see that the fin has been holding you back rather than helping. If you still want to try and grind them down, use a grinder, but lock the fins in a vice first. And go a little at time....Better too little then too much. But seriusly, it is more trouble than it is worth, just take them off.
Old     (blackhash)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-30-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
i agree premier rides fine without center fins...then again i really dislike center fins
Old    sbvfive            03-30-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
Kevin...Amen!! Strong dislike for center fins here too
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-31-2004, 12:17 AM Reply   
Center fins = no good
Don't you like it loose Lacey?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-31-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Lacey,
If come up to Portland give us a call 1-866-cdifins. We can fix your problem in our prototype tool shop.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries