Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       03-09-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen the new wakeboard Racks from Monster tower? I sent a friend there to pick up a set not realizing that they were changing the rack for this season. Pics would be nice, if i have to i will bug the guys at Monster, but didn't want to if someone here has the skinny.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-09-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
No but I am working on a swivel board rack for them.
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       03-09-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
The new ones are quite released yet, be out soon i believe.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-15-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
Worked on the instruction manual today and about done. Should post it and the new pics to the site by Wed. New light bar manuals and and info on them will be on the site this week as well. New speakers and related info will be up in a few weeks.

We heard three main things from customers about our racks that we addressed with the update:

1) Need thicker rubber at the bottom of the fork where the board rests.

2) Need to be able to adjust the fork width for grom/girl boards with a narrower stance.

3) Boards have gotten thicker and the opening needs to adjust for this, wakeskates and surfboards.

The clamp assembly to the tower has not changed.

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-15-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
sweet, hopefully in a month or so I will have a boat that I can put a monster on with a few racks.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 11:48 PM Reply   
Hey monster how bout info on some ggod swival racks since that is what everybody wants, but not looking to spend a "G" for just one set.!
Old    sanderb            03-16-2005, 1:18 AM Reply   
The Dutch importer Noorman Watersports told me that he can already ship the new boardracks, is that true? Because your website says that shipping starts late march.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 5:06 AM Reply   
Kenny, see my post above, I am working on it right now, although it will take the laws of quantities to get the price under $100 each.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-16-2005, 6:59 AM Reply   
Noorman will be getting the new racks first and they should have them next week as well.

The shape of the fork has changed a little from the above prototype for visual purposes also.
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       03-16-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
The new racks look great, thanks for the photo and information. When will the new ones ship if they were ordered on the website?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
Monster,
I wouldnt expect under $100 but that would be a unheard of! I was just thinking a pair for like around $400-$600. If you could do that swival type you would dominate the market!

I'm just looking for a pair of swival that arent priced like somebody "BUMPED THIER HEAD!"..

I dont mind frabricating things but that I would rather leave to the professionals.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
Oh, I meant just the swivel part for $100. I am working on making a swivel part work for the Monster Racks
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-16-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
that wouldnt be bad!