Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
Just watched the runs...don't really know how rusty beat rathy....can someone explain this to me
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-25-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
whaaaat.. Ya aaron shoulda won that for sure.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-25-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
rathy's run was dope for sure. who knows
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
I disagree.

Rusty had a crow 5, a front hs 7, a ts 9, and a back 7 of the DU.

Rathy had no 9, his mobe 5 was a whirly, he got a w2w back 7, and a pete instead.

Close, but rustys tricks were better imo
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
rusty fell
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
i am agree with the all of you guys but the judges felt differently. oh well rathy wasnt pissed and rusty is a great guy. but yea rathy imo beat his run and slayed him on the rails. the only thing rusty did better was the double up, but rathy did pull the bs 7 off the wake.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
you are right nick but with this new format falling doesnt hurt you.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
the new format doesnt include falling but what basically when you fall you are dockign yourself a trick or 2 to get the boat up to plane again its all points on this system
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
in any other non wwa contest rathy would have won but wwa's score format is based on categories such as airs, spins, rails, tech, and overall impression rathy just dominated the tech section only so therefore rusty won even though rathy had a much better run
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
If you know the in's and out of the new scoring system it's pretty easy to see why Rusty beat Rathy.
My guess is the only category that Rathy won was rails. He probably came 3rd in tech (the category with the most weighting), maybe 2nd in spins. Rusty and Phil probably split the tech and spin. Hard to say who won the air category, I bet Rusty. That leaves overall impression which is weighted the lowest out of any category, hard to say who won that one.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-25-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Rathy would have gotten my vote as Rusty's OA spins don't look too hot IMO (though his roll to blind is sick), but I can understand why Rathy may have lost in that format...he hit every rail and probably had too many straight air type tricks.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Falling always spoils the overall impression as it breaks the continuity. Not so much at the end of the passes but especially in the middle.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
how did rusty beat rathy on rails or any other finals competitor for that matter. he just looked awkward on the rails. imo rathy watson and olivier dominated both rusty and philip on the rails. those three guys have so much moe steeze.