Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
what's the general opinion. I guess LED's are somewhat directional and would probably be better for small spaces, but to light the areas along the sides of the boat (6-8 ft) would neon be better.

What about appearance or install difficulty?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
Led's take longer unless you go with the undercar tubes. I have undercar on the sides of the boat and under the dash. You can use short 3"-6" neon tubes for small spaces as well. Anywere you would have alot of possible contact I would use led's because they are tougher. The only problem with LEDs is you have to make your own mounting hardware typically
Old     (superair)      Join Date: May 2000       02-10-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
http://www.litupelectronics.com/litup/pictures.html
Check out this site. Neil is a pro at this and can make a boat glow with leds. There are led clusters that are 4 leds in a small housing that is easy to install.
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-10-2005, 9:51 PM Reply   
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

neilfett@hotmail.com

Here is something I know that would be rather difficult using neons

Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-11-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
Neil I sent you an e-mail yesterday, I'd seen your stuff over on the Dallas board.
I definitely want to look into it, hopefully there's money left over after my "essential" winter projects.

who needs a trailer anyway?

Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-11-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
Drunk Monkey You have mail, sorry it took me so long to reply. I was out in the garage doing some work on an X star. Let me know if you need any more information.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-12-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
Yeah, LEDs!

McFly
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-13-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   

Not sure if I like the cans on top of the bar. But, I bet my head would hurt alot less if mine were on top.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Are there LED and neon kits for DIY'ers or do I have to take my ride to a customizer. I like the look and spend a lot of time out at night. don't want to lose water time to get it done by somebody else when I have have enough skills to do it myself. Any good websites have kits available? Thanks....
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-14-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
you can do it your self and I can put together a kit for you based on what you want your boat to look like. I can walk you through it every step of the way and I have a couple of .pdf files that might help.

Sot me an e-mail if I can be of assistance to you

neilfett@hotmail.com
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-14-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
thanks Neil, I'll contact you when I get the boat out for the season.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Anyone know how the halos are done on the Supra?
That looks like a pretty cool option to put on the tower.

Im sure it can be done like this

http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm

but it is probably a back lit effect.

Might have to incorporate this into my new tower box. I am not really fond of my first box anymore, so am looking for ideas to include in the new one.
Old     (bigasswake)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-15-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
They are actually made by using a plexi glass spacer to off set the speaker and a surface mount LED mounted to the ring. Alot like the Angel Eyes
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       02-15-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
Nice!! I didnt even think of that!

HMMMMMMM IDEAS!!