Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    wakesettermom            02-09-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
HOW DO YOU CLEAN MARINE CARPET THATS NO SNAP OUT?
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-09-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
if you are just trying to get a spot out --we use "CAPTURE" it is a powder that you pour on the stain and rub in with a brush, then let it sit for 30-45 minutes and then Vaccum out (repeat if necessary)

It can be found at a Sears store and works pretty well.
Old    tommyadrian5            02-09-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
i got one of those cleaners from the hardware store that runs a cleaning solution through the carpet, it worked pretty well, due to its bulk it was hard to use the upright portion in alot of places so i was using the handheld part alot. Overall it cleaned the carpet up nicely, not brand new looking but i don't think it had ever been cleaned or cared for before i got the boat. After a few more times (i plan on doing it again at the beginning and end of this season) i think the carpet will look really good.
Old    lucky            02-09-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Take a preasure washer and clean it. It will get most spots out but it will also fluff the carpet up and make it look new again.
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
Can anyone post their experience using the pressure washer to clean carpet. I have heard this before. We have a pressure washer so I was going to give it a try. How concerned do you have to be about ripping the carpet with it? How far off do you hold the stream? We have a portable, electric 1600psi washer.

Any tips, tricks, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-09-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
spot shot works well also. u can get it at walmart. it comes in a blue can with an orange cap (looks like a spray paint can). this stuff works great!!
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-10-2004, 6:36 AM Reply   
I use a pressure washer on my carpet each year. Its great and removing dirt, grime and sand. Takes some time but you should see the crap that comes out!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-10-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
We ended up getting a decent wet/dry vac (yet another hidden boat cost). Vacuum it out every other session or so. Every couple months, we'll scrub with mild detergent/water mix and bristle brush then rinse super well. Looks good, lasts, well a couple months. Must rinse well or bubbles come back.
Old    dfish            02-10-2004, 8:16 PM Reply   
Used a pressure washer to get all the sand out. Then I bought a little carpet steam cleaner. Best boat purchase I have ever made. 9 year old carpet looked almost brand new.
Old     (jess)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
We took last boat to one of those car washes with the hoses for washing the car yourself. Worked great. It was amazing how much dirt came out and how new the carpet looked on a 6 year old boat. The only thing was making sure it dried completely before putting the cover back on the boat.
Old    tommyadrian5            02-11-2004, 5:35 AM Reply   
hey jessica when you did it did you just use the water spray or the soap spray then water
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2004, 8:11 AM Reply   
How much pressure do you guys use? It doesn't do anything to the glue?
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-14-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
Best way is hire a professional to do your house or 1 room once a year and pay him 20 bucks to do your boat. Its easy for them and they should be glad to do it and that way they have beer money for that night. Killing 2 birds with one stone....
Old     (jsan)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-15-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
I use a product called Nylac (www.nylac.com) in house, boat, cars...you name it. It'll take out just about anything.