Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-07-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Please the Owners of an Super Air Nautique 210 Team edition, comments on your boat about what you like and what you don't like.
Dont forget to talk about the wake and the fuel consommmation please.

Thnx
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-07-2004, 12:24 PM Reply   
Love my SAN! Perfect fit & finish, drives great, awesome wake, nice & solid through the double ups, plenty of room and storage, and incredible support from the dealer. Couldn't ask for more in a wakeboard boat. Honestly have not found a thing that I don't like yet. Properly weighted, the wake is a perfect knee high 1/4 pipe (75'-80'). I ordered mine with a down pitched ACME prop (15.5'), for more low end. Haven't run out of fuel yet, seems to be normal on consumption, maybe even better than my '99 Malibu Response.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-07-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
When you want to open the thread up to SAN passengers, let us know.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-07-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
love the styling most of all. looks clean, worranty is solid, sales people in so cal are solid. Fuel comsumption is averge, nothing to compare to. Styling though is number 1. Interior room is not as big as some but seems to be adequate for my needs. Just get what you want with good service dept.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2004, 5:49 AM Reply   
I always tell people that you NEVER buy a boat you SELL a boat. Think about how you would have to sell that boat in say 3 to 5 years. What would you think would be easier to sell some of the lesser known brands or one of the brands that some new boater might have heard in talking with others? Most non-ski/wakeboarders on the street always mention the top three manufacturers. Also, most of the time when people want to get into something they usually buy used to see if they would even like it or because of the cost factors.
With that said I would look at resale values of boats you've looked at and such.
I have an 03' SAN and I work for CC. This is my 3rd CC and after working for the the warrantee center here in N.Ca. I wouldn't own anything but. I might consider one other manufacturer but, I'd have to be in a moment of weakness.
Granted the boats aren't as big as some of the others, nor have as much storage or have some of the fancier new ballast options but, they make quit a solid boat and stand behind their product.

Just my .02

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-08-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have had a MC, Malibu VLX and two SAN's. I liked all the boats, but even though the SAN does not have the storage, it makes up for it with the performance of the boat for boarding. I was never able to weight my VLX to achieve a wake that had the pop of the SAN. The wake of the VLX is a great wake, you just have to hold your edge a little harder to get comparable pop. Some people don't like how steep the SAN wake is, so that is purely personal preference.

CC definitely stands behind their product and I would never own a different brand of boat. I had some concerns with mine and going through some attempts of repair at both the dealer and service center, over the course of two years, the results were still not up to what CC had hoped to achieve. At that point CC took my wishes into a build order and replaced out 02 SAN TE with an 04 SAN TE. During the two years, the boat never had any mechanical problems that kept us from enjoying the boat and our new boat is beyond our expectations in quality.

The fuel consumption between the SAN and VLX with the way I had each of them weighted varied by about 1 to 1 1/2 gph, the SAN using less fuel.

The only things I don't like is the prop rotation which backs up opposite to all the other boats which is kind of awkward to get used to, and the clam shell observer seat. Those two things being minor which you just get used to, it really doesn't count as a negative.

Given that, I can not say enough positive comments about the company, their employees, and customer service.
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Test
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-10-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have an 03 SAN and like most we love it. I bought based upon wake and still haven't found a wake that compares. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it suits my style. Other features that Like are: The layout of the gauges makes the boat look very sharp. The push button ignition cures having to keep up with a key. I also like the look of the boat from the outside. The composite swim deck was something I did not like at first, but after using(it's bigger) and maintaining(it doesn't age the way teak does) I really like it too. There is plenty more, but I'm trying to keep my points to items which set CC apart.. for instance perfect pass if great, but you can have it on any boat.

As far as things I don't like. That's tough.. the storage is a bit tight, but we have managed to make things work out. I don't have kids yet, so it hasn't been a big issue. My oil sensor went out at 25 hours, but the boat was smart enough to realize it and allowed me to drive home under 2500 RPM's, I was a bit upset that could happen, but I have heard of several of my friends getting new boats(not CC) and having this dead on arrival when they finally got to the water, so I can be happy it let us ski most of the day and still get us home. The upgraded stereo sucks, the sub is a complete waste and the speakers and amp could be done much better for the money( I heard they improved for 04).

I think that's it, I can't think of anything else I don't like or would change.
Old    ag4ever            02-11-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
My SANTE is an '02, so some of these items have been corrected or changed.

Sharp looking boat, very commited company, great performance, very durable, best looking helm, no keys, great tower, throaty sound but no overly loud, no knee breakers on engine cover, teak deck, wake size with or without ballast is large, flight clips are simple and effective, other items not listed too.

Dislikes:
Wiring to master switch not reliable (has come off more that four times causing boat to be dead in water till it is reattached), releases for side storage does not release when vinyl is dry, gauges are hard to see in direct light, front drain was clogged from facory, only two sorage locations that remain rellativly dry (dash and under side seat), tower when folded is not as low as windshield, fuel shoots out of neck before the pump turns off, stickers on side of boat peel off easily, and discolor from gas that spewed out in last dislike.