Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    tommyracer73            06-18-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Hi,

Does anyone on here wakeboard at or near Toronto? I will be visiting TO in early August. I wont have a board with me (I dont have one yet) but would be up for paying for fuel & whatever and borrowing a board :-)

Tom...
Old    xander            06-18-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
you'll probably have a hard time finding someone to wakeboard in lake ontario. First off its deadly to swim in, plus it can be pretty choppy. I wouldn't get your hopes up about going. Who knows keep posting and you may find someone nuts enough to wakeboard on lake ontario :-)
Old    tommyracer73            06-18-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Deadly?

Do tell more.. I dont know anything about the lake.. I just figured its big and people would be out on it.. I guess its too big then?

Any decent lakes nearish to TO then?

Tom...
Old     (sn0w)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
The better ones are up around the Muskoka, Parry Sound, Sudbury area. But thats quite a distance from TO.
Old    gappedout            06-18-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey Tom,

Lake Ontario is a nice looking lake, and parts of it are fine to swim in, but around the Toronto area, it's a little polluted - with actual pollutants and just debris floating around...

It's also usually pretty choppy because it's so large...

Lake Simcoe near Barrie - which is about 30-45 minutes away is pretty sweet for boarding... And, you can rent wake boats and gear from a boardshop called Tropical North...

If you're in the mood for travelling about 90 minutes, feel free to drop me an email and I'll take you out for a pull on Georgian Bay... :-)

Take it easy!

Colin
Old    tommyracer73            06-18-2003, 12:41 PM Reply   
Hey man I will be getting in touch!

I just spoke to my GF who lives in TO and she says it aint far at all...

I should be coming over in early August or Late Sept (maybe too late?). I will get in touch... Can I use your board too? hehe.. I havent got one yet but am looking.

Will be great to have a go behind a boat.. with some WAKE!!! hehe

Tom...
Old    gappedout            06-18-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
Sounds good!! Late September may be a little late, but we rode until October 1st last year, so it is possible... :-)

Just shoot me an email whenever you know and I'll hook you up for sure! A board won't be a problem either...

Take it easy... ;)

Colin
Old    race__face            06-18-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
Hey dude i live in sutton its on lake simco
the wakeboarding is pretty sweet here ...well its no river but if u now where to go theres some smooth water. email me at race__face@hotmail.com