Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
So I was out with the wife, and a friend on Sunday! This was by-far one of the best days of riding I have had all season, killing the D-ups, Tantrums, blind 180's, grabs, all that. Just to be a show-off, I launch a huge tantrum right near a group of 30-somethings, and I knew it was huge, b/c in mid-air a looked down and when Whoa!!!!

Anyway, as I was getting back in the boat about 10 minutes later, that same group I was showin off too, came up and said hi. They had one girl with them, her name was Robin (25-30yrs) and asked if she could try one of the boards. We said sure.

After about a 30 second lesson on getting up, and what to do when the board gets on plane, she hopped in the water. Low and behold, she was a first timer!!! Got up her first try and held a butter-slide for about 200ft (no joke) righted the board and rode for a good 500yards! Her grin was ear-to-ear. We drove by her friends in the other boat and they all cheered, and then she caught an edge and face planted! Face-plant or not, We just Hooked Another! Robin came up screaming "This is the coolest thing I have ever done"!!! She excitedly asked if she could go again, and the out come was better than the first. She popped right up and was riding for about a 1/2 mile, and already trying to edge out the wake, and jump it was so cool! My wife was cheering for her..."Girls Kick A$$"

The joy I get from seeing someone get up for the first time and wakeboard is beyond explaination. The looks on ppl's faces makes it all worth it! Not only did I hopefully hook another to our great sport, I made a bunch of new friends that I will surely see many more times this summer!

KG

Old    fatsack            06-17-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
The most imprtant question: Was she hot? j/k

That's great!

B-
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
she was cute, but I am married!!!

KG
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
The grin on a first-timers face is the same everytime!!!!! :-)

I get almost as big a kick outta that as riding myself.

Old    bassboy8855            06-18-2003, 1:31 PM Reply   
The first time I ever took my girlfriend out, she got up on the second try. She was enjoing it, but like in your story, Face-plant! Yea... she got up screaming, but it wasnt "This is the coolest thing I've ever done"... It was more profain with about 25 obsinitys. So ya, kinda the oposite story, but she dosent like wakeboarding. Now that I made her try that... now I have to try tennis... so thats a couple weekends outta the season I should be boarding.

Dave