Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-17-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
Guys

Well I'm hopefully receiving my PP through the post this week and aside from following instructions that come with it all, are there any things I should watch out for, be aware of etc or are there any tips/short cuts you guys can offer me ... what mistakes have you made in the past etc so that my install goes reletively smoothly?

Thanks in advance
Matt
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-17-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
do a search on this board; plenty of info.
Old     (gvanorde)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-17-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
The instructions are pretty comprehensive. If you have any questions about paddle wheel placement, contact Perfect Pass.

Trace is right, if you search, you will find all the info you need.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
Matt I installed it on my Centurion. If you have the paddle wheel it is easy. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to install. I did call Centurion and they walked me right through everything I need to do. They faxed me a wiring diagram on which wire goes on which post on the guages. It was a cinch. Good Luck!
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-17-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
I'm sticking it in a '98 X-star ie. a 205 Direct Drive and I've got to fit the paddle wheel so there's gotta be some hull drilling going on at some point but I may get my local MC service geezer to do that bit - if it goes wrong it's on his head then!! But seriously, if it is as easy as you're all saying then cool, but there are always those things that people wish they'd known before starting that would have made the process run a little smoother ... any more suggestions/observations etc etc
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-17-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
yeah, lots more suggestions & ideas: http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/search.pl

i'm more inclined to do things myself instead of taking it in for several reasons - i'm mechanical & have lots of tools, i'd rather know that no corners were cut or anything was rushed through, i'm too impatient to wait for the shop to get around to my boat, and i'd rather something was done right the first time than botched & repaired at someone else's expense.

(Message edited by trace on February 17, 2004)
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
Matt,
I installed it on my Centurion as well. This was the first time I had ever installed anything like this before. It took me 2 hours because I wanted to make sure I did it right the first time. A lot of people on here have installed it on there own. If you have any problem perfect pass's tech support is top notch. Good luck with you project.
Old    kellywb            02-17-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
I just installed mine this weekend on a Malibu. It took 1 1/2 hours and was very easy! I was suprised. The additional instructions that Perfect Pass sent made it that much easier! Of course I have not tried it out yet so who knows if I did it correctly.

Kelly

(Message edited by kellywb on February 17, 2004)
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Matt,
I installed WP on my 92 Nautique. The easiest part was the paddle wheel. My one mistake on the initial installation was not leaving the 2-3" of slack in the throttle cable. I misunderstood the directions thinking they wanted the slack in the inner throttle cable. They want the slack in the throttle housing. After taking it for a test and my boat would only go 6 MPH it was obvious what the problem was. Dumb mistake but easily fixed in less then an hour. Good Luck....