Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            01-09-2004, 7:10 PM Reply   
I just got off the water, my local dealer had a 211 that's going to be used in the Nor Cal Boat show, He was kind enough to take me out with him we took it out for a Demo with some people that were intrested in buying one.

One guy Ski'd behind it I wasn't there to see, But he said he owns a Ski Nautique, He said the wake behind a 211 is Ok and ski-able so I guess that’s a good thing, He said he had never ski'd behind a V-drive so he couldn’t compare it to anything. The Adjustable plate on the back was weird I didnt expect to see what I did, And the amout it move's (very little would suprise you, that it actually does anything. But it does! When you lower it when the boats on Plane it drops the bow quite abit and flattens the wake out. Its a handle that looks like a 2nd throttle just abouve the stock throttle. Just move it forward or back for ski or wakeboard. The hull has lot's of trick's and a step to it.

First Thing's First I don't go anywhere with out my I-pod and this was no exception. I opend the passenger seat to get to the back of the Cd player and Whamo A huge Cave/storage aera with the 2 RCA imputs I was looking for hanging down saying Hello. Pluged it in and we were off to a good start.

My self and 3 other people wake boarded behind it, It has a nice clean wake, The wake seam’s like the size and shape of my Air when it' weighted with stock Ballast and a Extra 500 Lb fat sack in the trunk,

I drove It , It seemed very nice and easy to drive, Handles like a 210 only a little better, I say that because it sits higher in the water and keeping things dry inside seam’s allot easier because of the added high profile

There was Lots of storage we had 2 Large wakeboards under the passenger seat and all our dry suits ropes and extra towels,
The rear Locker with the walk threw transome has a small locker you could fit a small board and gear back there. I didn't look at the Driver's side rear storage.

The walk threw was kind of nice! I stood there and helped people out of the water ya know rolled up the rope and grabbed their boards as they came in. I liked it because you don’t feel like your stepping on some ones Vinyl and messing things up (I has shoes on) It was cold out, But because it not squishy Vinyl and padding you feel more comfortable standing there. I also felt out of the way standing there, the rider could use the sun pad all to them self's to come in and out.

The rear swim platform was nice and large, with a little step in the rear of the boat Molded into the transom for your But as you put the board on. It had traction pads in the steps back there also. The Stainless steel handles that look stupid in the back of the boat I didn't get to try out, (they look like the Handi Cap rails in a Bathroom slall) I’m so use to just hopping up on to the swim platform like everyone else Mabey next time.

Over all the boat seemed cool. I think people will like it.
I think if your in the market for a Super, This is not your boat, the 211 seems more like a cross over ski/wakeboard boat that the AIR is.
It seems to Family boat to get me excited with the High Profile ECT. But if your looking for a SUV type do everything boat with Nautique on it then this is your's. I didnt plan on saying anything here on W/W or I would have looked threw it more so I could tell you more.

And No Im not thinking of trading in, for this or any other boat,
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-09-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
Nice to see some feedback from someone that has actually seen and been in this boat.
I saw that exact boat at West Coast CC a few weeks ago.
Although I didn't demo it, my impressions were about the same. CC has addressed some of the storage issues and the layout of the boat is better than a DD for a crossover boat.
This boat will not be all things to all people, but I bet CC sells alot of them.
Everyone has already been slamming this boat but the funny thing is there isn't really anything to compare it to, I think it's pretty unique.
Old    goldmember            01-09-2004, 10:42 PM Reply   
I like this boat, but everyone thinks it is an innovation. Supra has already done this. Take a look at the Supra Santera. I haven't seen the 211 up close, but I have seen the Santera and it is actually a little better version as far as lay out. The walk-thru is better placed.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-09-2004, 11:02 PM Reply   
I can't wait to see it at the boat show.

Grant, you were positive toward the hallway?
Would you want it if they offered it on the SAN?
Old    martini            01-10-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
grant

did you have three ballast tanks on that demo???
did you add any more weight???
because the 211's i've been in, have a wake shape more like the 226...?

goldmember

it is an innovation...supra's interior space may be something similar, but the bottom of the hullon the 211(fusion technology) and the hydro gate are where the inovation's happened...

tom

check the boat threads, this has been debated before...i've been in the 211 more than once,
and i offered my feedback...

dane

let me know what you think after you see it in person...
Old    whitechocolate            01-10-2004, 5:31 PM Reply   
Dane: yes I thought the walk threw would be lame, but after using it yes I was positive about it. would I like it on the 210? depends on how they did the seeting, A bad thing in the 211 is The arina style seating is interupted because of the walk threw the seat thats at the back of the boat is small and not very tall, Where in a 210 you could fit 4 peoeple in the back seat No problem . The 211 you would be comfortable with only 2 because of the walk threw, the boat was comfrotable with 5 people. I have heard pricing on a 211 will be somthing like 47 so for a few k more you could have a 210, (witch it more my style) But they are 2 entirely diffrent boats, Dane I think you will Like the storage, Its still not as much as most other boats out there now but for a v drive nautique there lots of storage, The only advantage I could see for you that this boat has is the ability to ski behind it. Your main complaint with the nautiques has seemd to be the storage. I think they are close but still far away, when it comes to the storage of the BU or the Sanger

pete: yes all 3 tanks were full when we boarded. we added no aditional weight,
Old    catalyst            02-08-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
Anyone have a picture ofe the boats wake when it is stock full? and when it is in ski mode? Both would be appreciated also when compared to a 2000 air nautique wich runs on stock ballast(450) and then an additional 800 lbs how do you think the weight would compare. The 800 lbs would be transferable to the 211.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-11-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   

What exactly is fusion technology? Isn't the term 'fusion' refering to the glue holding the hull and deck together? How is that a unique innovation when several other companies have been doing it for years? What does glue have do to with the wake characteristics anyway?

The hydro-gate is nothing more than a new twist on an old idea. How many companies are offering a plate mounted on the transom that creates lift and flattens the wake when engaged? Is the 'hook' on the back of nautiques no longer sufficient?

Grant said it the best, 'the 211 can only hold 2 in the back' (assuming you got the camp stool option) 'with a max of 5 people.'} The storage is dismal (even if you remove the coleman cooler that appears to be nothing more than a blue light special from kmart) 'compared to all other boats out there, but for a v-drive nautique there is lots of room but still far away when it comes to storage than others.'

Is the name on the side of the boat worth so much that people are willing to blindly sacraficing storage, people, quality and still overpay for it? Seems like a poor choice to me.
Old    whitechocolate            02-11-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
What exactly is fusion technology, I think its a hull design, I think it has to do with lifting channels in the hull. Not some glue,

The Hydro gate is kind of diffrent then a traditional trim tap, The Hydro Gate comes down like a guillotine and yes it lifts the back of the boat out of the water. I dont know if puting a trim tab on the back of any vdriv would get you the same results as what the 211 does

I think where this boat is worth its money is that it can be used as a ski boat like most inboards and then as a great v-drive wakeboard boat.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-12-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Review the brochure/website, its glue.
Old    dholio            02-12-2004, 11:53 PM Reply   
what is glue? The gate works in conjunction with the fusion hull technology. The gate creates a wakeboard wake when the gate is raised. It allows the water to flow naturally along the bottom of the hull. When you drop the gate, it puts a "hook" in the hull and the water hits the gate and is directed downwward which in turn creates lift in the transom. Hope that helps.
Old    moe            02-14-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
garett, They are talking about the fusion of of good slalom wake and a good wakeboard wake. It has nothing to do with the construction process.
Old    ag4ever            02-14-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
When I looked at the 211 at the Houston Boat Show, I did not think the "gate" worked like a guillotine. It looked lust like a trim tab that rotates down. It does not slide down. I thought it slide down when talking to the manufacturer's rep, but after looking at it, I was slightly dissapointed. I know there is a change in the hull before it to allow some of the wake charisteristic changes, but heck it is still just a trim tab.

When I saw it I could not help thinking it was a copy of the Tige TAPS.

When I saw the interior in person, I thought it was better than the pictures made it, and I do like some of the features of the boat like snap in carpet, but I don't think it is good enough to make me trade in my SANTE.
Old    whitechocolate            02-14-2004, 12:37 PM Reply   
The gate works exactley like a guillotine It slides directley down and chops the water. I know it looks like a trim tab because it has that long flat plate that looks like a trim tab but its not. The gate slides down and unlike a trim tab. It dose not add length to the boat like a trim tab. This im sure of this.

Now on this im going out on a limb here because im just guessing on this one. I didnt design it so, this is how it looks to me. I think when the gate is lowerd down it like a guillotine it creates a lifting effect due to the angle that it enters the water, and creates lift from the water being forced back under the boat that what lifts the transome out of the water, and making the boat seem lighter creating less of a wake.

When the gate was up You could run your hand smoothley under the back. When the gate was down it created a sharp lip at the end of the transome.
Old     (alotta_fagina)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-14-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
It's like talking to a brickwall...
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       02-14-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Don't forget that TAPS was a modification of the wake plate that Supra has been installing on their boats since before Tige' was created.

Too bad we couldn't just get people's opinions on this new boat that have seen it. Instead we have to endure some people trying to hijack a thread with CC bashing.

I am very interested in this boat because it may suit my needs in a year or two better than my DD Sport.
Old    moe            02-14-2004, 3:22 PM Reply   

??????????????????????????????????????? WTF? Please post where it sa
ys that Garret
Old    moe            02-14-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
where in the brochure does it say glue?
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-14-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a pic of the "gate" in its up and down position?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
It must create a lot of drag being chopped down into the water like that. Wonder what it does to the running costs?
Old    blind5            02-15-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
i'm just ready for it to get warm. my local dealer told me that they would let me take it out, as well as a 226, which is suppose to be a bad a wakeboard boat
Old    ag4ever            02-15-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
When talking to the rep, at the boat show I asked about the fuel economy, and he said is does drop it slightly, but not too bad.
Old    moe            02-16-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
remember guys, that this gate is only about 8- 10" wide portruding 1/2 inch below the hull. when this is engaged you are not going to be weighted. So it seems to me that employing the gate vs. using the ballast system would be a wash (as far as fuel efficiency)