Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-11-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Dudes

Am looking at buying a heater for my '98 X-Star and wondered which voltage of heater I would need. I hadn't even considered that there were different voltages to choose from - which do I need? I figured it would probably be the 12v one as I'm running a regular car/boat battery.
Ta
matt}
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-11-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Come on guys help me out, it's ain't a hard question is it?
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-11-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
12V.

What prices have you found?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
???

You can't run a 24v heater in your boat. Stick with something designed to run on your system.
Old    tigejohn21i            02-11-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
checkout http://www.heatercraft.com I just put a 12v heater in my Tige 21i. Works great.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-11-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
Your boat system is 12Volts, even if you have 2 batteries in your boat they should be ran in parallel and the system voltage would still be 12 volts.
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-13-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
Guys

I got a Heater Craft 3HH with 1 Euro vent and two hot tubes for a bargain of $300 from www.go2marine.com

Rock on the cold days ... they be warm now!
Matt
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Now go buy the ski blanket. It's designed to put the heat hose in the bottom. You'll never want to come out from under it.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-13-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
Matt:

I assume that the heaters you are considering use the engine cooling water for the heat source. If that is the case, then you definatly want a 12 volt system, as this is what your boat's electrical system is. The only electrical item is the blower, and it doesn't draw enough power to require a 24 volt motor. The only reason that the manufacturer would have a 24 volt model would be so that they could be used on a boat/truck that had a 24 volt system.

If you weren't planning on using the engine cooling as the heat source, then my suggestion is FORGET IT! You will never get enough output from your alternator to keep you warm.

Rod