Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
We have a new baby boy and we are planning on taking him out for his first lake trip but are having difficulty finding a lifejacket that will fit him. He is 5 weeks old and is about 8 lbs. Does anyone have any ideas or know of a place to buy a life jacket that will fit him?

Thanks for the help!
Laurie
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
Not sure they make em that small... here is an old link with some ideas. My daughter was a bit bigger by the time it was warm enogh to bring her out.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/64271.html
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
Laurie:

I just spoke to Justin at Ski World. He is holding two for you (1 neoprene/1 non-neo). They are under my name. He said they will fit Collin.

On a side note..... He's already 8 lbs??? Are the boardshorts that I got him fitting yet?? hahaha!
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
P.S. If Rod can't pick them up, let me know and Ja can hook you up.

Assuming you want them. The neo-prene one is $79 and the other one is like $35.

Ski World: 460-6233
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 1:53 PM Reply   
Stef - in Pleasanton or Castro Valley? Thanks! I'll see if Rod can get over there tomorrow, he's in Modesto now picking up our boat from Wet Box - more adjustments on the speakers.
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
Pleasanton. Call them and have them hold it until tomorrow. Ask for Justin.

We'll see you on the water this weekend. We'll be heading to DP Friday night.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
Jeff, Thanks for the link, that was helpful. So many different opinions. What worked for you?

Stef - I just talked to Justin at Ski World, Rod is going to go over there tomorrow. I think I know what the neo one is like, Tracy found one in Fresno, but only one, I haven't seen one anywhere else, so THANK YOU! Getting out and searching every sport store is a difficult task at this stage in the game with little Collin. Are you going to meet us at Pedro? Let me know and I'll tell you where we'll be at. I hear the water is all the way up to the trees! How's your knee? Tracy & Randy bought a Party Barge with Air Conditioning for the little guys - boy aren't we all so spoiled! Gotta love it! No, the shorts are still too big, maybe next month! Everything is still too big, but he's working on it! I can't wait to see him in those, they are just so cute!
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
Stef - we posted at the same time. Where are you going to be? We're going to launch out of Flemming. Dave & Gina are going up Friday night too and they will pick a spot. I think we're going to tell them to go to the first channel off to the left all the way back to the right of the 5 mile hour zone. We camped back in there 3 years ago when the water was full and it was real nice. We're going to be planning on docking our boat around 8:00am (as of now), wanna meet us at the dock. Or you can just look for our boat, Dave's boat (Green Mastercraft w/tower now, finally!), and Tracy & Randy's 30' party barge. We should be easy to spot. Who are you going up with?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
get tat little one riding jk have fun with him on the lake. will be there to just thought i would say have fun
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
Hey, I'll call you tonight. Rod said you guys would be in another cove. I think I know which one you are talking about though. It's not the one we were hanging in last june for the day, right (summer kick off party)? You would actually go to the left after you launch and the cove is to the right? I can look for Dave on Friday night. Why don't you give him our cell phone numbers so he can call us. Rod is bringing his two girls and then it's me, Ja, Susie and Cas. We are taking both boats and alternating. There is another group going but not sure if they are shore camping or site camping. We want to be on quick water though:-)

I emailed Rod yesterday. He told me about the party barge. That is tooooooooo funny! So now I know where I am sleeping! ha! j/k

My knee/ankle felt GREAT until yesterday. Then the nerve thing kicked into gear and started hurting. Don't know what to think. May stick to wakeskating this weekend.

I'll call you guys tonight:-) Can't wait to see Collin this weekend! Is he ready to wakeboard yet;-)
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
Wakesports Unlimited has O'neill infant vests. They are soo cute!:-)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-18-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
Yes Wakesports has them and I got one of them, they are great for babies..
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
Oh my God, that has got to be the cutest pic I have seen on here! You should win a prize!
My hubby is coming home tonight with the O'Neil vest so I am crossing my fingers it will work! Thanks for all the advise, I appreciate it!
Charlie, I saw your other post, I'll keep an eye out for you. We'll be in a Black & Grey SanAir and I'll be the one drooling on the boat since I can't ride for another 3 weeks! I am counting down the days though!
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
Stef - the cove is called the 49er cover. Its the first long cove on the left right after where all the house boats are. Then you follow that all the way to the end by the 5 mile hour zone then go right. Its where we were that one time you were riding with Kelly and Meg. There's that island. We're going to check out the island and if its vacant were going to take it over. Are you shore camping as well?
Old    wakelvr            06-19-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
Yeah, we are shore camping. I know where that is now, it's the same cove I was thinking. It's where Ja blew out his knee:-( Oh, happy memories!

See you guys this weekend.