Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    hyprmotive            06-16-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
I just tried on some new 03Highback bindings size large at my local shop and it seemed like they were cutting off circulation to my toes (my toes were all purpley colored) then i tryed on some XLs and they were HUGE and my toes barely stuck out of the bindings wrap and there was about 1.5 or more of foot pad beyond my toes. . Right now i ride a pair of Large Moonboots which i still like and fit me PERFECTLY even on the second to largest setting, but i will need to replace them soon. So what is the deal? do i really need to get XLs!!?? or do the large Highbacks just need to be broken in or just worn when more wet? p.s. i have an 11.5 shoe size in most shoes.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
xl sounds right i got a 12 and ride xl belmonts
Old    simba            06-16-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
Good question, I got large byerlys for my size 10.5 foot and they did the same thing, I took them back and got xlarge and they seem to big but I took them anyway. My feet come half way out sometimes on just wake to wake jumps. They have terrible heel support.

I just got large liquid force exos and they fit PERFECT. They dont feel lose, and they dont strangle my toes. Also, the way hyperlites build thier 30-60s and byerlys puts a nice FAT scab on my ankles getting in and out of them due to the place they put the plastic for the laces. Hyperlite bindings are also as heavy as BRICKS.
Old    buckshot            06-17-2003, 11:33 AM Reply   
I've got a pair of the '03 Highbacks and love 'em. My shoe size is 10 and my bindings are a size large.

If the XL's are too big, you might be able to tighten them up by adjusting the overlays.
Old    kali            06-17-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
stick with the large. you have 2 options. 1. ride ride ride ride and they will loosen up. 2. stick a beer bottle in the opening so it streching out, put the bindings in hot water for a while then let them dry with the bottles inside. this will strech them out and you will be stoked...dont get bindings that are too big!!
Old    gunther            06-17-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of 03 highbacks the other week in Florida. I wear a 13 and I got XL's. I liked them and i bought them. so i was in florida, no board no boat. And it was raining all week and the OWC wasn't lett'n people on the water, so i wore them around the house. I noticed the same thing they were cutt'n of my circulation. So what i did was i didn't want to get XXL's, so i put 2 pair of socks in the toes and let it sit for two days the next time I got in I had plenty of room. But not to much.
Old    sandman            06-17-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
I wear size 11.5 and use XL Highbacks. I have found that bringing the overlays in one notch from stock gives the best fit. I tried the Large and they were just too tight for me.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
Everytime I get new bindings I sit with them on in the hot tub for a couple of hours, seems like it helps break um in faster. Plus the ladies dig it. Some brands just arent going to fit your feet right just keep trying um til you find some that do. I'd say going to small is better then to big cause all bindings will loosen up sooner or later. And having your foot slide out the front sucks.