Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    welchag04            06-13-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
Anybody know of a good place to ride in Southern Alabama? My family moved there recently and I'm going to be visiting them this summer. I've been on the fish river, but is there any place with a bit of a wider path?
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-15-2003, 7:19 AM Reply   
Jason we ride on lake Mitchell and lake martin more central al. How far down in south alabam' are they?
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2003, 1:14 AM Reply   
looks like it might be near mobile??
Old    welchag04            06-16-2003, 6:25 AM Reply   
Yeah the fam lives on the Eastern shore of Mobile Bay, in Fairhope. How far is it from where you live?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
Hi Jason, I ride in Mississippi, about 2.5hrs from Fairhope. We sometimes go down to the MS gulf coast and ride, which would probably be about an hour from you. You are welcome to tag along anytime, we ride weekdays after 5pm and all weekend. I will be out of town the next 2 weekends though. Let me know if you want to come ride sometimes.
Later
Tiffany Landry
www.wakechicks.com
Old    welchag04            06-16-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thats awesome Tiffany. Thanks for offering up. I will have to keep in touch with you and let you know when I make it out there. I'm in Austin, TX for the summer, but will be making a short trip to Fairhope in late August (after an equally short trip to VEGAS!). I would love to ride with some Mississississippi hotties!
Old     (CNote)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-16-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
Jason, I live in Daphne, AL...which is right next door to Fairhope. I ride on Fih River most of the time, but go up to Bayou Sara a lot as well. Its about 30 miles from my house, and is wider than Fish. The water is also usually better also, because of being more inland. The only bad thing is, we have a pretty cool slider on Fish, and none on Bayou Sara. If you want to hook up for a pull, then let me know...or if you happen to be out on Fish and see a green/white X-Star then wave me down. Later.
Old     (wakeboardrn)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Jason,

If I were you I'd take Tiffany up on the offer. I don't know that she rides with many other women there yet (she didn't a few years ago when I came out to ride with her) but her family's hospitality is great.

And you could learn a few things from her, if you're not intimidated by a woman's riding