Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Finally took the boat down to the Columbia this last weekend and enjoyed the first run of the season. There was butter all over and I had the hugest smile on my face finally being able to board again. The best part about the whole experience was that my little brother got back on a board. On the last run of last season he fractured his jaw and had to have his mouth wired shut for six weeks! So, the best part of my entire weekend was seeing him behind the boat again tearing it up again, even though you could tell he had apprehensions.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Derek, How did he fracture his jaw wakeboarding??!!
Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
J-Rod, he came off a big heel side air and got a little off on his landing, and basically came on his butt and heel edge. The only bad thing was that he had a good hold of the rope and the tension pulled his upper body forward hard and fast, and he hit his chin on his knee. It all happened really fast and is kind of a blur for the whole family. Had to get a few stiches in the chin too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
That sounds terrible! That's the first time I've heard of such an injury.
Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, it was really bad. Had to eat out of a straw for six weeks and lost a lot of weight. I think I've read other topics about people breaking their jaw, but I think it was on a slider or something. I'm not exactly sure though.