Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (sinisalo)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-21-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
nautiques new line up

www.correctcraft.com
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-21-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
that's a great web site
I wish the Malibu web site were that cool

sweet looking boats
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
wow, I like that new FCT3 tower w/ z5 cargo rack.

I am glad to see that nautique came up with there own design vs. copying like Tige.

Good job on the website too.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
Not that I care but I thought I read in another post that Metcraft offered the Tige tower design to Malibu but they didn't want it. Its not the same when the MFG of the tower designs something new. I do like the look of the Nautique tower with the bimini installed vs. no bimini.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-22-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Do you guys guys just pull these Tige pot-shots out of your A$$es, or do you set time aside each day to think of them. Not that they are original, like the picklefork, some DB's are still wearing that one out even thought it's 2 years old.

To my point, Stewart, can you explain how Tige copied Malibu on the tower????

1: Metcraft makes the the towers, not Tige or Malibu.
2: Tige did not contract Metcraft to build the tower, they came to Tige after Malibu passed on it as a change or additional tower option.

Tige has a picklefork boat, Tige has a tower made by the same company that makes one for a competitor.............WE GOT IT, SO GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
OOOOOOOHHHHH, defensive much. Regardless of who designed the tower it is on their boat. Tige could of actually tried to design their own tower but they must not care about investing money into their own designs. Anyway you try and defend it Tige is the most blatant about using other companies designs. It doesn't make it a bad boat, just unoriginal.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-22-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
Hay Bret, you want to talk about investing in their own design, and being original, ok, Metcraft approached Tige with the tower design that Malibu currently uses, but passed on it to design their own, and then went on to design a 2nd.

So, you must put Malibu and Tige on the same level based on your own remarks, because both are using a tower that was designed and built by another company?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Sure am glad malibu passed on that tower. Not near as ugly as the CC tower though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
It is about perception, and the public is going to perceive that Tige copied Malibu. End of story.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-22-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
imo, the windows on that 216 crossover looks like absolute crap....
Old    K.B.C.            09-22-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
seriously, get over it....

it's as annoying to hear the Tige peeps try to defend the brand as it is to hear other people say they copied another mfg. It's old, please stop. I have neither an MC, Tige or Malibu. The new Tiges look great, but lets be real they copied MC and BU. And you know what, who cares? As soon as everyone gets over it the better.</rant>

now, back on topic please...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-22-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
It is about perception. The public will perceive that Tige copied Malibu.

I agree with nu bu. I don't really like the look of the tower either. Especially on the RZ series boats. It looks way out of proportion. it is a good thing that Nautique offers another tower choice because that one is terrible. The new Centurion one looks like it as well. Just terrible. The tower that is on the 236 and the 2nd gen FCT are the only towers that even attempt to follow the lines of the boat. To me that is the key design feature of a tower. The one's that match the lines of the boat look a lot better.

The windshield on the 216 is terrible.

I like the graphics on the new Nautique's for sure.

(Message edited by polarbill on September 22, 2008)

(Message edited by polarbill on September 22, 2008)
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-22-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
TigeMike,

Malibu had that tower since 2004 and was working on a similar tubular tower (same shape) made by Titan prior to that. From what I heard, Malibu engineers went to Metcraft to come up with the forged design. Malibu engineers then came up with the new Illusion XS to match the aggressive lines of the new LSV and VLX.

How do you know Metcraft shopped this "new Tige design tower" to Malibu and they passed on it? I know it was said by someone on here, but did you actually here that from Bob @ Metcraft?

Metcraft is a manufacturer. There not sitting around designing stuff on there own and going out in the market place, IMO. That is the job of the OEM. Heck, Metcraft has had a hard time keeping up with Malibu's demand. So, I doubt they were designing a another tower to sell to Malibu since Malibu just went to the XS Illusion in 08. So I call BS.

Either way, Tige decided 4-1/2 years later to put on a very similar tower. Doesn't seem very innovative to me. And to top that off, if they were sitting around waiting for someone to shop them a tower, than there design and engineering department need to be fired. Tige should be designing there own stuff and not relying on a manufacture to design there boats.

Like I said above, I like how Nautique came up with that design. It looks cool, and I like that design.

One other thing Mike, I do like Tige as a whole. My buddy had a 2000 Tige 21V Riders Edition until this year. I always liked that boat. It was fun to ride behind and it was a good overall boat. They were ahead of the curve than. Now, they are playing catch up..... :-)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-22-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Would you guys at least try to stay on topic, this thread is about Nautiques new website not who copied who and what looks bad and what looks good.
Good god give it a rest.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-22-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
You Tige guys can always hold on to the fact that no one is copying TAPS... and that its all original Tige!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
I don't think there can be many different design variations for the new towers that only attach at one point on either side. They need a curve for strength. They can curve forward or backwards. The copycat thing is funny how it offends some of us. All boats look the same for the most part. The picklefork came out and some say MC started it and some say they copied it. I remember seeing that front when I was a kid on a runabout down the street. Whatever MFG comes out with something that makes more seating room in the front or a new tower is irrelevant. As long as it works and is a good idea. Most of the things that are new aren't so new! My .02
Old     (zack21v)      Join Date: May 2008       09-22-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
I like how in almost every 2009 boat thread on this site some jack as* has to throw in a comment bashing tige for "copying", because the company they ride behind is as original as they come.

If were going to go down that route is every boat manufacterer (sp?) around not copying the original idea of a boat?

Or how about the tower in general?

Or the seating?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
weird, didn't see any Tige's on the CC website?

Really interested to see how the 216V is reviewed by some riders.... I think it looks great and love the walk thru. the new tower is growing on me too. I've seen a few listed for sale and it really doesn't look half bad.

Anyway, I like the CC website and I'll be honest, I like Nautiques :-)
Old     (spolk69)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-22-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
i love my 09 rz4.... it is perfect for me and very different looking, i get soo many compliments on lake travis,when i pull into devils cove and see 20 yellow and black or blue and black malibu's that all look alike i am glad i have a tige...

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/spolk69/BOAT.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Shawn that is a nice boat. Must look great in the water.
Old     (spolk69)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-22-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
thanks, it does look nice in the water. what realy looks soo different than the mastercraft pickelfork is that it looks like a real one. if u look at the mc in the water they look strange(thin and pointed)and the tige is deeper and wider in front. i really never noticed it until i saw a rz in the water at a side view, i think it looks like a real picklefork but still preforms like a wake boat..
Old     (ef3529)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-22-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
I am a Malibu guy but I like the 216V. I talked to a couple of people that went to Surf Expo and said it is a really nice boat. Curious about the wake. The video on the website did it no justice at all. All prop wash. Cruious to see a review as well.
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-22-2008, 10:10 PM Reply   
just curious...what did tige do to get all the haters? i check in to this site every so often and get involved, but this seems to go way back to the beginning of the internet. not just a pickle fork boat. seriously?

no one comments on centurions new tower that is along the exact same vein. or the fact that MB or supreme or chapparal or regal have similar bow designs.
or that malibu came out with an LCD screen after mastercraft. it just happened to be bigger. or that tige started wake shaping devices and now everyone has one.

maybe i missed something over my years of boating, but i ask this because i really do wonder. where does all this originate? wierd.

NICE WEBSITE CORRECT CRAFT. HUGE PROGRESS OVER THE YEARS!
Old     (nawteek256)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-23-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
Website looks great. If you want to talk about tige start a new thread called bit*h HA HA
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
i think it's pretty sweet how that 196 ski natique is still reppin' the same decal from back in the day. looks pretty rad on that blue display boat.
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-23-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Like the website. The new tower is growing on me also. Kind of nice in an ugly sort of way.
Old     (ron_mexico)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-23-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
classy.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-23-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
wakeboardsam, you might want to look at the MB website.

http://www.mbboats.com/Gallery/Trim%20Tab%20TAPS%20Wake%20Shape%20Plate/index.htm

Not to mention there are EPIC and MB boats both using them.

(Message edited by dabell on September 23, 2008)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-23-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
MC uses them to, what does that tell you..