Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
I am in need of replacing one of my tires on the trailer. Should I just use the jack from my truck? It is a F-150, so I assuming the jack is heavy duty enough. Or is there some special jack to use? Any advice is appreciated.
HD
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Just use your truck jack shouldnt be a problem
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-12-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Your truck jack may work, but I carry a hydraulic bottle jack for the trailer. You can buy them cheap at Sears, AutoZone, etc. Use a block of wood under it if you're not on a hard surface.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-12-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
If it's a tandem axle trailer, just use a block of wood or something similar and drive the good tire up on the block. The other tire will come off the ground and you're in business. I did it once with a big rock I found on the side of the road.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
"I did it once with a big rock I found on the side of the road."
Yep. Or if you're in a pinch you can dig a hole in the ground and position the trailer so that the bad tire is over the hole (thus taking the pressure off of it) then change the tire. I had to do this recently when I blew a trailer tire on the freeway.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-12-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
I blew a tire out yesterday on the freeway Az ground is way to hard to dig a hole. I used my Jeeps screw jack it worked great no problems.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-12-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
yeah we had a tire blow when we were on the freeway. turns out they had the wrong tires on the trailer so we got 5 new tires. 4 permanent and 1 spare. but we just used the jack that we had in our truck. its a nissan titan
Old     (hdrew)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Cool, Thanks for the help. I used the truck jack and it worked perfectly. I have to have the tire off for a couple days, so I lowered the trailer down a little to rest on a 6 ton jack stand for piece of mind.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Blew out a tire on the freeway, took next exit, pulled in a parking lot, drove good tire up on a curb and bingo had it changed and on the way to the lake almost as fast as a nascar pitstop. No jack needed! oh yea always carry a spare !
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
P.S. thats if you have a tandem axle trailer
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-12-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
I've got 3 2/8's about 16's in length I nailed together and always carry them with me now for "my jack". Who needs a jack when you can walk to the bed of your truck, throw down the blocks of wood, and drive up on them, Presto... instant jack.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
I am going to order one of these...

http://www.blaylockind.com/ezjack.asp
http://www.cabelas.com/information/Boating/EZJackTrailerJack.html
http://www.hitchesonline.com/jiffyjack/jiffy.htm
http://www.outfitterssupply.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WTR200