Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-09-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
Took the boat out this weekend to shake the dust off. I bought a new prop and wanted to put it on. I bought the Acme prop puller. I could not get the old prop off. It is a 4 blade made by Ambush (looks like brass). The Acme prop puller seemed to fat to fit between the blades perfectly and I could not get it to sit flush behind the prop. Any way, I put the puller on the best I could and hit it on the puller with a hammer several times. No movement. Any Ideas?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-09-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
A little bit of heat from a torch and it'll fall off.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-09-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
What A.J. said. Use a blow torch on the front of the prop. You are trying to heat up the key way. Once it is hot enough it will pop loose and release the prop. Have fun.
Old     (RanchDweller)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-09-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
I thought the key way was only to turn the prop with the shaft. Not to help hold the prop on the shaft. Are these universal prop pullers from ACME only good for their stuff? So if I am on the lake and need to pull this Ambush prop off i will need to have a torch with me?

Thanks for more info.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-09-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Penetrating oil directly after heat. The heat will draw the oil in between the joints and help it loosen up.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-09-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
tap it with a brass hammer it should come off fairly easy. Never used a prop puller and a brass hammer will not do any damage to your prop.