Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-24-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
To change the oil do I need a pump to pump it out or can you get a pan under the block????? What do you guys do? Im helping a buddy with his CSX220 and before I even touch it I want to know exactly how its done properly. Guess with the hit of the economy not everyone wants to spend hundreds at the dealer which I cant blame them.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
yes u will need a pump, warm up the engine and then do it.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-24-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
thx alot brotha
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-24-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
You should not need a pump. Every MC I've had since 2005 had a hose on the bottom of the oil pain. You might even find it clipped up near the top of the motor.. You should be able to open up a drain plug, feed the hose through, and drain it out. Still best to heat up the oil first, and, this method take an hour or more to drain.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
my experience even with the oil heated (1/2) running the shi* dont come out , it needs the extra umph to get it to continue to move.

CIE "may take an hour or more" exactly about 5 hrs and as the oil cools get ready to wait days... lol just my experience...
Old    willytown12            03-24-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
just drain it out the drain line after a good couple of hours of riding, it will drain pretty quick.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-24-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
Yup..... Once the oil is warm it'll drain fine. I usually let mine go over night to make sure it drained as much as possible. I've never had an issue with it, though.

Same is true for pumping the oil. Do it cold and you'll be pumping forever.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-25-2009, 6:22 AM Reply   
Just go ride and pull the boat out and drain the oil. It drains just fine for me.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
thx alot everyone.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-25-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
I just let mine idle on a hose for 20 min or so, then change away. Never took me longer than 30 min or an hour to change. And i HAVE an extraction setup i use for the trans, but the drain hose is easier for the oil
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
I take the factory hose and hook it up to my oil vacuum pump and use it as the hose. Takes 2 minutes and I know I got all the oil out and have no risk of getting a hose stuck. It is also easier than fishing the drain hose out the back of the boat. I think it is the best of both approaches.