Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2005, 12:01 AM Reply   
Just got home from the Butter Effect premier in Seattle and all I can say is WOW! Great movie. Harf and Lyman (in my opinion) had the best parts. Lyman's was smoooooth. Reed and Byerly had a sick wakeskate part as well. Wont tell you anymore you will just have to go and pick it up......ITS SICK!
Old    wickedwake            04-10-2005, 1:02 AM Reply   
When will it be available for sale?
Old    ffonsok            04-10-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
I saw it yesterday, it was SICK!!!! those guys know how to throw a party

one question-- what was the music in it???

what was the name of the rap song that was like 5 songs in-- it sounded like Cypress Hill or something
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-10-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
I couldn't remember all the artists but they were all sick. I was trying too but i failed. Those guys do know how to party for sure.

Clay- It comes out next week
Old    snowake            04-10-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
yeah, that party was CRAZY! Good to see the locals that I haven't seen in a year or two. Interesting fashion choices present - will post pics this evening.

Kati
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-10-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
Any pic's of the party.
Who all showed up?
Old    snowake            04-10-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Let's see, who was there? Sean Kilgus, director. The Ennen Brothers. The Bonifay Brothers. The Van den Heuvel Brothers. Brent Starr. Andrew Adkinson, Scott Byerly, Keith Lyman, Shawn Watson. Don Wallace. Mr. and Mrs. Kilgus (Sean's parents). NWHC Crew (aka part of the WakeWorld contingent present).

There were a lot of industry people there, and some people I probably should recognize but didn't, including photographers. The main guy I saw taking pics wasn't tall enough to be Letchy, but I never bothered asking who he was.

Picture time! I didn't get a lot of shots cause I was too busy talking to people and walking around. That, and I didn't feel like being "that girl" asking for pictures of people.

crowd
Everyone gets ready for the raffle after the video was over. They gave away a ton of stuff, wakeboards, wakeskates, bindings, mag subscriptions, clothes...

Lyman needs fashion guidance
Keith Lyman and Sean Kilgus. Don't ask me what Lyman is wearing. No one really knew for sure.

Parks and Sean
Parks and Sean Kilgus give away some stuff onstage. Parks looks exactly like he sounded last night. He needs a stylist, the hair is out of control. (IMO)

shane and guy
Shane (and unidentified male) give away stuff onstage. Shane looked and sounded like the previous picture of Parks.

Matt and Bret V
The Van den Heuvel brothers. They are traveling the country this summer with a custom H2 and a Baja boat. Not sure what this has to do with wakeboarding, but they are stoked on it.

dave and bret
Dave Isaacson and Bret V. Dave is now running Northwest Hesh clothing and living on Mason Lake (WA).

group shot
Photo-op of all the (pro) riders at the event. (After all, aren't we all riders, too??) Not sure who all the girls are - I think some are girlfriends and others are just friends of some of the guys.

I have more pics I can post later.

Kati
Old    laugh_damon            04-12-2005, 12:51 AM Reply   
oh man I wish my pictures came out half as good as yours did... bummer, they're over on wakeboarder.com if anyone wants to "try" and look at them... haha

Thanks for the good documentation of the night

haha - and Shane, "No one bought my shirt!!" that guy is funny

oh yea, and some more shots from some other guys - http://www.northwestriders.com/Butter%20Photos.html

(Message edited by laugh_damon on April 12, 2005)

(Message edited by laugh_damon on April 12, 2005)
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-12-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
what is parks doing in that last picture?!?!?!
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2005, 5:21 PM Reply   
i have like 5 pics i wanna post...how do i make them small enough again...????
Old    snowake            04-12-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
I used photoshop. But only to resize and adjust color and redeye. There was no way I could invent the vest on Lyman or the expression on Parks' face (who, by the way, seemed to have no knee problems that night).

Kati
Old    laugh_damon            04-12-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
ya seriously... maybe too much liquid courage?

and I think in that picture, that was when parks was apologizing for not being able to ride as much as the other guys in the movie... or he was telling the girl with the biggest... his phone number
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
Parks is such a role model.
Old    wake_northwest            04-13-2005, 11:23 PM Reply   
Just letting everyone know about the new Northwest specific wakeboarding and wakeskating site at www.WakeboardNorthwest.com. Check it out and help us to make it grow. We are focused on the Northwest wake scene. Join our forums to meet riders and enthusiests close to you today. We have some info from the Butter Effect Premieralso. It was sick!