Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
We'll be dumping the boat in the water off Benjamin Holt for some mid week riding and none of us are very familiar with the waters in that area, the furthest south any of us have been is Tower Park. Help!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-07-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Sorry brotha... wrong end of the delta for me to be of help. I know there is great riding over there, but I don't know the name of any of the sloughs.

Maybe Nate or Vin will chime in. They ride over in that direction, I believe.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
i-5 to 8-mile road, head west, go to paradise point. i believe further down is herman and helen's, too.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-07-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
sounds like you are going to be launching from where garlic brothers is.. if you go out from the restaurant, hang a left at the first left and then when it splits stay to the right... second slough make a left and under the bridge.. there is a good riding spot there which has good water most of the time.. we usually circle back and forth under that bridge when we ride in that area..
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-07-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
The only thing i'll add is that when Isaac says hang a left, you'll be turning left but there aren't really any other options the channel just makes a 90 to the left.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
Yep...we ride out of that area pretty regularly, unfortunately not as much lately as we would like to.

You can find good water in the area, but you will not find really long straight sloughs like they have towards Disco. Isaac's description is pretty good to get you to the area near Paradise. From the short slough just before the bridge all the way to King is pretty good.

You can also come out the marina, take the left...and instead of going right when you come to first intersection you go straight (west). This stretch of water is usually the best and straightest but also has the most traffic. Midweek you should do pretty good right there.

We've experienced a lot of Wallys lately. I don't want to sounds like a jerk, but your crew knows how to drive and share water, right? Please, no power turns.

Hit me with a PM when you guys are riding and maybe we can show you around.
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
I have a good GPS map so Isaac's directions are making good sense. Nate we may just take you up on your offer, Thanks all
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-07-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
blowin up the good spots...rookies are gunna get ahold of this info and its a wrap
Old     (deltaking209)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-11-2009, 4:55 PM Reply   
ya im with mike........way to go guys!!!!! NOT