Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-23-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
It looks like SBC has a cool little 4 part series featuring Dusty O, Dylan Miller and Brad Buskas on a trip to the Philippines.

The teaser is up now, but it looks like there will be a new part posted every Tuesday for the next few weeks.

Nice way to pass the time between wakeboarding and snowboarding.

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ippines-Teaser
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-23-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Sick!

Looks like they hooked up with the Stoked crew while they were there, wicked bunch to get down with
Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-30-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Here's the first episode:

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ippines-Part-1
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-30-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
HOLY SH*T!!! WOW!!! How can anyone hate on cable after seeing riding like that from predominantly boat riders? It will not be more than 2-3 years that the pro cable tour will be as big if not bigger than the pro tour. It will actually be a real world tour just like other extreme sports have where every park has different obstacles, their own local standout, and just actually bringing culture to wakeboarding. I don't think any non wakeboarders ever made it through a full episode of one of the pro tour stops but I guarantee they would watch a cable episode. Cable has brought a whole new style to wakeboarding because it is letting the skaters and snowboarders who couldn't afford a boat a chance to try something new which has brought us so many awesome new riders and such a different outlook on what can be done on a rail. I think one of the best examples of a kid really coming into his own is AJ Racinelli. He has an obvious skate or snowboard influence that he never brought before because no one realized it could be done like that on a wakeboard and now the kid has probably the most tech rail hits in the game and seems to be concentrating most of his efforts into the cable and at such a young age, even though he might not be making the $$ he wants to now, he is going to be stacking up all of the big sponsors and big contracts. Where we once thought of wakeboarding as an American/Canadian sport, we now can see how blinded we were from what was going on in Europe and the evolution of wakeboarding under our noses. To me there are three people responsible for this: Nick Davies, Tom Fooshee, and Norbi Vasko. Norbi just kept flooding the internet with cable videos until people started to finally notice and now cable vids are what we primarily see and with the 1000s of hours he has put into this, he also has turned himself into one of the premier editors/producers in the game. If only people would take the time to shoot him more often when he decides to step back from behind the lens, and show off his skills more because he is definitely one of the top park riders out there right now fa sho!!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-30-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
ya Dusty, Brad, and Dylan
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-30-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
my thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
HOLY SH*T!!! WOW!!! How can anyone hate on cable after seeing riding like that from predominantly boat riders? It will not be more than 2-3 years that the pro cable tour will be as big if not bigger than the pro tour. It will actually be a real world tour just like other extreme sports have where every park has different obstacles, their own local standout, and just actually bringing culture to wakeboarding. I don't think any non wakeboarders ever made it through a full episode of one of the pro tour stops but I guarantee they would watch a cable episode. Cable has brought a whole new style to wakeboarding because it is letting the skaters and snowboarders who couldn't afford a boat a chance to try something new which has brought us so many awesome new riders and such a different outlook on what can be done on a rail. I think one of the best examples of a kid really coming into his own is AJ Racinelli. He has an obvious skate or snowboard influence that he never brought before because no one realized it could be done like that on a wakeboard and now the kid has probably the most tech rail hits in the game and seems to be concentrating most of his efforts into the cable and at such a young age, even though he might not be making the $$ he wants to now, he is going to be stacking up all of the big sponsors and big contracts. Where we once thought of wakeboarding as an American/Canadian sport, we now can see how blinded we were from what was going on in Europe and the evolution of wakeboarding under our noses. To me there are three people responsible for this: Nick Davies, Tom Fooshee, and Norbi Vasko. Norbi just kept flooding the internet with cable videos until people started to finally notice and now cable vids are what we primarily see and with the 1000s of hours he has put into this, he also has turned himself into one of the premier editors/producers in the game. If only people would take the time to shoot him more often when he decides to step back from behind the lens, and show off his skills more because he is definitely one of the top park riders out there right now fa sho!!
Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-07-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
Here is the second video of the series, looks like this one is centered around the sesitec area:

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ippines-Part-2
Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-15-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Third video in the series. this one has a bit of winch and some boat riding.

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...ippines-Part-3
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-16-2010, 1:41 AM Reply   
that winch section was awesome, nice to see C-Lo getting some props too
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       12-31-2010, 1:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesydog View Post
my thoughts exactly!
Cheerz for the love boys! Im just glad to be a part of it. and Im even more stoked that companies like Hyperlite and Contour HD are there to back me up. I cant wait till everyone sees what I got for em in 2011!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-31-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
SICK..... Norbi's got something big for 2011!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!