Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    jakeman            09-22-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
Turn up the speakers and enjoy Angi's self made mini-movie.

www.420EMPIRE.com

click on Extreme Video link

-this is her progression after only 3 months of riding-

peace out
late/jake
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
Jake,

thanks for getting the video up so quick!
and Eddie too!

Old    triplexracing            09-22-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
SWEET!!!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-23-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
thanks dodge...funnny how those dance moves were grooves to a totally different song,,I added the Nika Costa in later... :-)

oh well, still worked!
Old    upupnaway            09-23-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
Way to Go! 3 months, you have a great foundation. It was cool the way you gutted out the half cab.
see you on the pro tour next year.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-23-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Way to go Angi
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-23-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
THANKS guys!!! I give 100 percent every time I go out..Its so much fun, thats easy to do!!! hopefully next summer I will have some grabs and air 180's!!!! I'll just keep on keepin' on!

Old    triplexracing            09-23-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
what kind of indo board was you on angi?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-23-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
fun vid and great work. very smooth for 3 months especially.
Old    stormrider            09-23-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
Angi, there was nobody "better" than you on that lake that day because you were obviously having a great time-- which to me is what wakeboarding is all about. If you're ever out in San Diego, you and Paula Sundberg should get together!
Old    vandal            09-23-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
nice riding angi, congrats on your ridings progression. no congrats go to the camera man who found it more entertaining to watch the dowel on the indo rather than to watch angi shake it above. that little complaint aside, good job angi!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-23-2003, 5:06 PM Reply   
vandal! LOL next video,,,more shakin..more wakin...point well takin!

dodge,,that is the PIVIT board..smaller than the Indo board. I love that thing!!!

stormrider, yeah, I forget about EVERYTHING when I am wakeboarding!

who would have thought that I stayed outta the water COMPLETELY over the last two decades due to a near drowning experience that gave me such a bad H2O Phobia, now ya can't keep me off the water!!

that 180 was so sloppy, but it was my very first one that I rode away from! I was so proud! Thanks to Mike Novak, I can now SMOOTHLY do the surface 180's NO problem!!! I'll catch em on tape and make an 'Angi part II' coming sooooon!

Thanks for all the compliments!! *my husband always tells me how good I am doing, but he sort of HAS to, cuz well,,,ya know ....
husbandly duties* LOL
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-23-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
Good video, Angi.....nice riding.
Old    lindsayl            09-23-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Nice work, girl...time to start throw some grabs on those! :-)
Old    rdierolf            09-23-2003, 8:01 PM Reply   
nice video, good job
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-23-2003, 9:44 PM Reply   
nice job Angi!
Old    doubleuprider            09-23-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
i have been wakeboarding for 2 monthes and i am doing tail grabs and indys. accross the wake
Old    doubleuprider            09-23-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
great job angi!
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
Great video, styley riding and music. Keep it up!!

EE
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-24-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
THANKS! Did everyone like the special 'guest appearances' by Foxy and Duecie??
They are ALWAYS tryin' to steal my thunder!! Damn KIDS! haha!

after a 3 week illness I am FINALLY going wake-in' tomorrow. yayyyy...can't wait!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-26-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
what is the name of the first song you have playing in the vid?
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-26-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
Ty, that is Nikka Costa, "Everybody's got that something" its from the 'Blue Crush soundtrack..*corny I know, but good song nonetheless...good motivating.."girlie music" to say "hey, I am woman,,,watch me WAKE" LOL

thanks for watching!
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-03-2003, 3:12 PM Reply   
Jake

and/or

Angi

Whats that first song in the vid.
Old    jakeman            10-05-2003, 11:07 PM Reply   
have to ask angi

she edited and produced it

late/jake
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-06-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
that is Nikka Costa, "Everybody's got that something" its from the 'Blue Crush soundtrack

good 'girl anthem' huh?
Old    kevlar            10-12-2003, 4:51 PM Reply   
Um, it took me 2 years to W2W.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            10-12-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
Kevin...at least you are going W2W!! :-)

I am really lucky, cuz I ride with some REALLY SICK riders...mainly guys, but the couple girls I do ride with RIP! And in the peak of summer, I was riding like 4-5 days a week with 2 runs per session..I finally perfected those surface 180's now i just gotta take those 'shark fins' off my board and do it at 20 mph's!!
Old    jakeman            11-03-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
Cliff
we need to make plans to ride sunday
nov 8

EE's new Tampa lake-house is the shizit
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Sounds good to me so far. Can my ride partner come too? He doesnt play online like the rest of us.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            11-03-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
No PC??? hmmm, well, then we'll just have to 'jump him in' OLD SCHOOL style!
NO FOO,,not beat him up,,JUMP ROPE! double dutch.... the REAL test of strength
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
No, he has a PC he just doesnt tune in because his woman is on it all the time.

BTW - is there some kinda Angi translation guide?
Old    jakeman            11-03-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
Cliff
it would cost too much to keep updating the Angi-Translator

No one has ever survived the Double-dutch test=
I wish yur boy luck
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Maybe you can help me out some since you have on hand experince.

What is a FOO?
Jump him in? in a double dutch session? If it isnt a DD session, I dont have to be involved, right? What does DD have to do w/wakeboarding?
How strong do you have to be to actualy DD?
Or is that all some sorta meta4 for something else all together and I missed its meaning?

As far as my friend, he's half blind and deaf so either way he's crap outta luck.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            11-03-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
foo= short for fool. (snoop dog slang)
yes,,double dutch..(member they used to 'jump in' gang members..or in other words "beat their A*S!) well, I feel that is a little harsh..so we resort to 'jump-roping them in!' LOL

"I don't have to be involved, right?"
yeah, yeah, your kool by association,,no worries..I've seen your pix and videos..You are as good as in...

*** this was all just a joke though cliff..I was just bored, cuz it started raining and I was forced to clean out my closet..so my mind became jello...real fast!! LOL*** yes, Jake, you read right, I did clean out my closet,,,hmmm, I think I need some more clothes to fill it up!!

so cliff, your riding pal is really half blind? is he totally deaf, do you do sign language? or can he read lips? man, now that is a trooper!
oh and tell him to do what Jake did,,,just buy his wife a bigger, better, faster computer and he can use the old one..(oh wait a minute, I got stuck with the old one...(((((DOHHH...JAAAAKE!!))))

Grizz, I hope this is providing you enuf entertainment!
Old    wakejunkeygirl            11-03-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Is your riding buddy Brent? cuz I have seen him ride in some of your videos..like 'come out and play' hey come to think of it, that song is about gangs...''keep 'em separated' 'if your under 18 you won't be do anytime..hey ayyy, come out and PLAY...sorry, just singing to you bored people at work...well, gotta go play with the dogs...maybe go hassle the nieghbors,,or poke a whole in their GIANT blow up BUCS player in their front yard,,, yeah, sit and watch him deflate! LOL
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-03-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, its Brent. He's half deaf in 1 eye and half blind in one ear. I kinda halfa$$ all around tho :-).

I just realized you guys are talking about this weekend right? I'll check w/the Oneder to see if he can come, but all Im missing is details.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            11-03-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
ohhh, ok, yeah sometimes I think Jake goes deaf in both ears when I talk to him..hmmmm..kinda strange ..ya think?

What I say: Jake, can you pick me up some naked wings from Hooters for lunch and bring them to me at work?

What he hears: Jake, blah blah blah blah blah blah NAKED blah blah HOOTERS blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Details..talk to daddy on that one,,,I never know anything about details,,I just get up, pack my stuff, go ride and bring all the wakeboarders special treats!