Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-14-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
OK- Let me get this straight-
1. There is the Pro Wakeboard Tour consisting of 5 stops sanctioned by the WWA and promoted by World Pub. Riders-Top 36 qualifiers.Title- PWT Champion.

2. There is the King of Wake with 9 tournaments sanctioned by the WWA and promoted by World Pub. 5 of those are the PWT and 4 are one off tournaments- Wake Games, Nationals, Worlds and Pro Am. Riders- PWT qualifiers and open for the one offs. Title- King of Wake

3. World Series- Sanctioned by the WWA and promoted by ? Last Year It included Wakestock, Boardstock, Worlds and a stop in Japan. This year I see Malibu Open in MI and Wakestock and not sure what else. Riders- Invite Only (how do you get invited?). Title- World Series Champ

4. World Cup. Sanctioned by IWSF/USAWaterski. Promoted by- no one. Events- not sure this year. Riders- International but only a couple of US riders are invited. Title- World Cup Champion

5. Masters- Sanctioned by USAWaterski. Promoted by-? One event. Riders qualify by a variety of finishes at WWA events and the USAWaterski Nationals Champion.- Title-Masters Champion.

6. USAWaterski.Wakeboard NAtional Championships- Sanctioned by USAWaterski. Promoted by no one. Riders- None. Title- USAWakeboard National Champion.

Hmmm. I am beginning to see why wakeboarding can't get major sponsors and TV time. This thing is more fractured than the Balkans.