Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Anyone have pics of an xstar with two additional racks on the tower. I am trying to figure out what brand and where to mount em'...Just trying to put together some ideas.
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-04-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
i just have 2 bro i dont realy know if u can have 2 more without them sideways
Old     (mc4life)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-04-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
i found someone that has 4 put i dont know how to get a pic on here i can try to email them
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
that would be great
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-05-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Just get the Z5 Cargo Rack bimini. You can throw up 3 extra boards on top. There is a pic in my profile.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-05-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Great advice Travis. Honestly it didn't even cross my mind. I will call the dealer and see if I can order one. Thanks again.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-05-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
I wish we could get some more racks on our xstar too. The Z5 Cargo is nice but it has it's draw backs like not being collapsible. Having to take it off and put it in the truck to trailer the boat seems to be a hassle. Of course Travis doesn't have this problem but that's cause he's such a lucky guy. I'm jealous.
Old    star_star            02-05-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
i bought two extra racks for my 05 xstar. they were fusion I series. they fit perfectly the holes in the tower legs. when i traded my 05 for an 08 xstar i saved the racks but they didn't fit the newer style rear tower legs because the newer legs didn't have the pre-drilled holes in them. so i had a good friend who had access to a machine shop and he made some modifications to the racks with backing plates that clamped on either side of the tower leg. that was a pretty sophisticated project but if you have an 04 or 05 xstar the fusion I series racks fit perfectly out of the box. lack of additional racks is a big drawback to the xstar and it would be an easy accessory that almost every purchaser would pay for.
Old    star_star            02-05-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
^^^i forgot to say that i first saw the fusion I series racks on Wakeside website about three years ago. there was a picture of an xstar sitting in the water showing the racks filled with boards. i am not sure if you can find that picture or not but if you can do a search for archived wakeside website accessory pages you might can find it.
Old    star_star            02-05-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeside.com/category/brands/boat/fusion.do
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
I think it's Fusion racks that I purchased for my X45. I remember that they make them for the Xstar's thicker tower dimensions. They use a pivoting mount that gives you freedom to mount them anywhere along the top portion of the tower.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
This option was better than the Z5 for me because it allows my existing bimini to still fold and be put away easily. The Z5 is crazy expensive too.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-08-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
im pretty sure DBOT5 makes a rack, i know they make speakers but im almost positive that they make a rack that will fit on the x star tower.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-09-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
I think I was wrong, I think maybe the racks I got are made by Fluid Concepts. My boat is at the dealer and I have the memory capacity of a 90 year old.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-09-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
I just checked Buywake and yes they are made by Fluid Concepts and it's their pitchfork II model if you click on it they have a section that explains the racks in detail.