Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-18-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
OK so I found a donor teak swim deck that I want to modify (a cheep version of ragboys) to stay out of the wave. Does anyone know what kind of glue is used to hold the top and bottom together? After removing the screws from the bottom cross members and trying to pry them apart the glue held so tightly that it began to split the top deck. I want to reuse the bottom cross members for a smoother bottom so saving them is a high priority.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-22-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Well, no responses so I had to dive in to get this done. The glue is tough, in order to salvage the bottom support peaces I had to change my plan and cut off one side. I Fabed up some brackets and tried to match the angle. Water test is Friday.
Attached Images

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-24-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Looks so small, haha, but im sure it will do the trick! Nice work. Im plannign opn doing somehtign similiar. Where did you find the donor platform.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
I did the same thing Works and looks great! I just cut off a few inches on each side.
Attached Images

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-25-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
Rob - Craigslist $ 20.00 with the brackets. It was from a Centurion that the guy sold and it was taking up room in his garage.

Now I need to find a good way to store the fiberglass deck for when the family goes.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-28-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Nice find on craigslist. Ill be looking. Would def help my surf wake.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-29-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
The water test on Friday showed a little more that needs to be removed on the corner (about 1/2") to get it totally out of the water.

As a side issue with the deck being so much smaller the exhaust fumes were so much more, it was like a straight shot back were before the deck seamed to push the exhaust into the water. So I reinstalled the FAE and will need to give it another test run later in the week.

This is Dave's run.
Attached Images

Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-01-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
I've been wanting to do this for a while, you've inspired me to take action. Below are some in progress pics.. Hoping to get rid of that foamly little curl that get created by the stock deck. 4-5 inches gone all the way around the outside. We'll see....