Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-18-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
I keep trying to make him buy it for the mobius but he never gives me an awnswer. I took about a 2 month break from asking him but now i am starting back up because the season is starting soon here in wisconsin. Does anyone have any tips?
Tubing is stupid,
Danny
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-19-2003, 7:23 AM Reply   
Is your dad the one that drives for you? If so and he gives a good pull without it then maybe he does not see needing to spend the money, It does make the drivers life much easier though. Try offering to help pay by doing work around the house or ?, that will show you really want it and are willing to work to get it. Good Luck
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
thanks, my dad is a really good boat driver, he can keep the speed almost perfect. The reason i want to get it is i want to get the speed to stay within a few tenths of the mph. Also sometimes he isnt home and then my mom will drive and she cant keep a speed for her life. I have been helping around the house and offering to help pay to.
Tubing is stupid,
danny
Old    cassidy            04-20-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
Don't know your parents, but try the sfaety angle. Once set, the driver can really focus on watching the waterways, the boarder, and not have to keep an eye on the tach/speed.

Better for the engine? LEss RPM changes? Better gas mileage?

Do they say why they don't want it?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-20-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Have him drive another boat that has PP in it. That should sell him.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-20-2003, 9:39 AM Reply   
Another safety issue is for the rider. With PP installed every time you cut into the wake the speed will be the same. This means the wake will be the same (Width also), saving you from injured ankles and knees from missed landings and cased wakes. No longer would you have to deal with plugged speedos if that is a problem there. Perfect Pass is worth every penny that it costs.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2003, 11:26 AM Reply   
Probably the biggest selling point of PP is that it frees up the throttle arm for sucking down beer while driving
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
thanks for the help, i think this might convince him. keep um coming

danny
Old    cws_kahuna            04-20-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Danny's DAD, Buy Danny Perfect Pass for his B-DAY and X-Mas early so he can use for summer present.

Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-21-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Does your dad wakeboard?
Trying to convicce a good driver that he needs a PP because you want it is a tough sell. Try convincing him that HE will get a good pull.....

I have heard it said, and I agree completely, that the Perfect Pass is the greatest thing for marriage harmony!
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-21-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
The Perfect Pass is not to help your dad when he driving. The Perfect Pass is to help your dad when he is riding.

The problem for a bunch of boat owners is they are the only ones that can drive their boat well. When it comes time for their pull they never get a good pull. With Perfect Pass--as long as the driver can drive straight the rider gets a good pull.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
yes my dad wakeboards. i drive for him, im alright at driving, but no where near his ablity of driving. im going to put this web page up on his computer for him so that he can read these posts and will see what happens.
Thanks alot
danny,

keep them coming
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2003, 5:38 PM Reply   
Perfect Pass will also enhance the resale value of your boat. Helping with the process of when you start asking him to buy a new SANTE......
Old    daveyboy            04-21-2003, 6:10 PM Reply   
Get a lawn mower and buy the pp yourself, hell he bought the boat! hehehe
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-22-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
Who was it that said that the boat owner is the only one who knows how to drive correctly? A big ficken Amen to that, for years I've had to drive all day because no one else could, So no one else sees the point in buying perfect pass, they have me to do it. I'm just debating between jeopardizing my engagement by buying a pp for $600 or not liking wakeboarding out of frustration of never geting a good pull.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-23-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yeah...I joke that $600 for PP was a whole lot cheaper that marriage counseling would have been.
Aside from a tower and racks, PP is the BEST options I have added to my boat! Get your dad to drive and ride behind another boat with PP. Should sell itself. Until then just be glad he is a good driver... you still get a good set it.