Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
Nautique makes a beautiful boat, and I'd love to consider the TE for my next boat, but I have a hard time justifying $10-15k more than anything else I'm looking at. Question,it seems like there's quite a few folks on this board that have purchased the boat. What price can you work for this boat? Is it possible to get one under $50k? It's nice to see that they package most everything you need as standard equipment, like wakeboard pro, and a mpi engine, but if the boat is over $50k, that's a tough pill to swallow...
Old    samcdog            04-18-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
It is possible to get a loaded team with trailer for under 50.
Old    philv            04-18-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
You should be able to easily get a SANTE for under $50K. Don't be affraid to shop a little though.
Old    ajjdrew55            04-18-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
you are crazy to think you can find one new 03 with options trailer, cover under fifty out the door you could maybe get to 52K to 55K depending on what you get on it. I just bought one and payed 56 with speaks and lights most options.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
Andrew,
I'm guessing Sam has some experience if you believe his profile.

Old    philv            04-18-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
At the last 2 shows I was at I saw Team Editions with lights and simple tower speaker set-ups (single axel trailers) for $47 and $49K respectively. You could even save $1500 by omitting the tower lights and speakers. also, keep a look out for Promo boats that are for sale. Most all of them come with full factory warranties and are pretty well loaded.
Old    samcdog            04-18-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
I didn't get any additional lights or tower speakers. I will post pics when I get it. I have received confirmation for May, but not a specific delivery date. It's been 8 LONG weeks. At least it is still cold here. Andrew, Do you have any pics?
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-18-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
Base Price on the Super Air SE - $41,050

Tower - $1960
Rear Tanks - $1300
Center Tank - $645
Perfect Pass-$1490
Shower - $385
Cleats - $125

Total: $46,955
Fall Correct
Craft Discount - 1500

Total: $45,455

Plus trailer 3600

Plus 6.25 TTL = 52,120

Team edition is 9500 more more SE.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Bruce,
Have you ordered one from Buxton yet?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
2000k for ballast?
1490 for pp?

Ouch!

That's a DIY job and save 2000k!

B-
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-18-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Jay- I got a used 2000 SAN for 20k less than a new one. I pick it up next week. Still trying to sell the Southwind so pass the word. See you at Tin Top when it warms up. Woo Woo.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
I was quoted $47,000 for a limited with ballast and a few other items and by no means loaded at the LA boat show this was including $2000. in incentives from dealer and correct craft. A loaded team edition for under $50,000 would be unrealistic in california anyway.
Old    tclagggym            04-18-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
I got my SAN Limited with upgrades, everything the team has except, center ballast and dual battery.Smaller ballast tanks in back, but better for storage and speakers. I figured if I need the ballast in the center, I can always throw in a fatty.I also have the heater, flip up drivers seat,4 pull up cleats and custom bimini.VM dual custom paint and wheels + spare and a sweet custom boat cover. All for under $49000.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Bruce- Jay is my older brother. Good to hear you got what you were wanting. Post the boat on www.dallaswakeboarding.com and www.n2wakeboarding.com

See ya on the water
Justin
Old    ajjdrew55            04-18-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
Sam
I take delivery on my boat next week i will post pics when i get it. I bought mine at the boat show for a really good deal and it was not close to 50K
Old    ajjdrew55            04-18-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
Sam
I take delivery on my boat next week i will post pics when i get it. I bought mine at the boat show for a really good deal and it was not close to 50K did you get yours in Fox Lake?
Old    samcdog            04-18-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
No, I got mine after the St. Louis boat show.
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-18-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
we were quoted a lil under 52k for a TE with tandem trailer.. but with tax and all prolly a lil over 52k
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-18-2003, 6:06 PM Reply   
The Best Price as of Jan/Feb-

210 TE 330 HP Excalibur Engine, Flight Control Tower, Ballast Tanks (3), Stereo, Kicker upgrade, Flight Clips, Perfect Pass, Air graphics, Helm Ballast Control, Boat Cover, Bimini Top, Jump Seat
Single Axle Trailer.

$1000.00 pre-season rebate.

$47,970 before tax/title/tag/dealer prep - Boat in stock at time (not special order), South East US Dealer (NOT SECC).

This is probably tough to beat. It helps to be outside of a defined territory.
Old    hbomb            04-18-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
I just bought a promo 02 SANTE for 40k. It came with a pretty crappy trailer though.
Old    endo            04-18-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
Just buy it dammit! What's a few grand when you're already spending ~50???
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-18-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Wow, 47,900 is a great price! My dealer wouldn't come close to that price. I think they'll probably sell all they can get their hands on so they didn't want to deal on it. I'm comfortable with the price though, we looked at the other big 2 and it seemed for a boat with similar options, the price wasn't that much higher. Dealer reputation and the 5 year bow to transom warranty justified the extra expense. Like Matt said, just buy it! They won't go down in price next year!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-19-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
alan i'd have to disagree. i paid $52k total. so subtract 8.25% sales tax and it's under 48... oh and that's including $750 for the reverse gelcoat... got the chevy engine and every option except a table, second battery, and air/water temp gauge. with a standard gelcoat and ford engine, the boat would have been more like 46k before taxes...

Wes
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-19-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
I spoke with salesmen even the manager and in one case the owner of the shop at the LA show and I went in thinking they would deal on a new boat, to my suprise They (Malibu) was only offering to throw in a couple small options totaling less than $1000. for a price of $47,500 for a vlx not loaded. And over at Correct craft I got the same number for a 210 limited with no stereo, and lightly optioned. Maybe I don't know how to get them to deal? Well anyway I went and found a 2002 vlx fully loaded with 53hrs. for $38,000. Oh well.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
Wes, did you buy yours here in the bay area? Down in San Jose? Good dealer experience during and since the purchase process?
Old    ajjdrew55            04-21-2003, 6:03 AM Reply   
Wes

What are talking about, a limited? who cares this topic is not what did you pay for limited i believe it said how much for a team. I look at your numbers and you piss me off because you don't state that you talking about a limited which is alot less than a team and if you are talking about a team you don't know what you are talking about being that a team comes with the air/water temp, and dual battery's which are options you stated you did not get!
All I am tring to say make it clear what you where quoted/payed because I read your posts think about what i payed and wonder if i got screwed!

Matt right on, if can afford 50 whatever for your boat who cares about a couple K being i doubt your paying cash anyways in which 5K at 6% is $42 a month for 15 years. If you can't afford that go look at a used Moomba!
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
He got an '02 Team you cretin, look in his profile...

Don't get pissed off with other people because you let yourself get screwed...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2003, 7:32 AM Reply   
andrew looks like you got screwed. do your homework next time.
Old    akman            04-21-2003, 7:35 AM Reply   
Andrew, not to get you all fired up, but you can get a "Team" and have them take options OFF and it can lower the price.

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
I didn't mean to start a was here for people to feel as though they were getting screwed. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you get a sweet boat and that you're comfortable with your deal.

When I asked the question, if it's possible to get a TE for under $50k, I was actually referring to pre-tax, lic, reg, etc...if it's possible to get one for around $48k, I'll definitely put it on the list to consider. Though it's still a tough pill to swallow at that price, I have to factor in that it's THE top name wakeboard boat, comes standard with multi port FI and PP, and a pretty kicking stereo system, that all has to be taken into account. Plus, the fact that you can pick the color scheme and get a truely unique boat, is pretty darn nice...
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
From what I was told from the Factory, you can't get a Team and take options off. I tried. They told me if you don't have all the options as the Team, then it is not considered a Team Edition since the Team designation is really a package of options.

If you consider the Team to be just a set of Team Graphics, I am sure you can get your dealer to add them on if it means sell or no sell.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-21-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
whoa andrew, calm down guy. i WAS addressing the topic which is a TEAM not limited, and you can see in my profile as Josh pointed out that is what i bought. they didn't have limited edition in 2002 AFAIK. also, 2002 teams did NOT come with a 2nd battery, and did NOT come standard with the air/water gauge, which i decided not to get since PPass has the water temp built in already.

team's could be had for 47 back then, i think 48 is probably more realistic now that the ford engine is no more, and a few more options are standard. and yes, tom, this is pre-tax :-(
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
Wes, did you buy that bad boy in NorCal? Dealer recommendations?
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
Everyone always wants to think they got a great deal, and that is exactly what the dealerships want you to think. How many people were told, "don't tell people what you paid because I am giving you a great deal"? Seems like everyone I know that bought a boat heard this schtick in one form or another. Thus, you walk away loving the dealership because they supposedly gave you a "steal" -- then you go tell all your friends how great they are and they go buy there as well, all the while never knowing that EVERYONE (or almost everyone) is paying pretty close to what everyone else is paying.

Anyway, I did some research a few months ago and it seemed to me that fully loaded TEs were going for a TOTAL (including trailer, tax, prep, etc.) of around $55-$60k. You might be able to work it down to closer to $50k if circumstances are right but don't count on it.
Old    dholio            04-21-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
Andrew,
Did you get other things added that weren't done at the factory? Maybe that drove your price up? I don't know so I am only asking.
Old    ajjdrew55            04-21-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
Let me start this by saying I payed 53K for my boat out the door. So for all you who think that is not the price i will subtract the tax that price is 50K with are 6% Sales tax. My boat has 330HP, bimini,cover,trailer single axle,heater, and docking lights with that I know I did not get screwed.
The only reason I care is because "people" post misleading replys that someone could read and think o gee my dealer is chargeing me 54K for this boat i want to buy when "Wes" only payed 47K for his. That person may not pay look at his profile and relize he has a 02 SAN that was puchased last year.

I really don't care what you post i just think you do the person asking the question a diservice misleading them.

Oh, one more thing "josh" when you go up and can even think of affording a boat instead of riding your buddy's then maybe you can try to insult me!
Old    abk22            04-21-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
OK you guys, what is the difference btween the limited and the TE, is the motor better? cooler graphics? what is it? cuz I would be excited to have any nautique granted 2000 or newer, but still who gives a crap if its a limited or a TE unless you are some pro rider who has to front to the world who they ride for. so really i want to know what the huge diff is.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
it is not a disservice if we mislead them to haggle for a better price from the dealer
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-21-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
Tom I highly recommend Central Valley Marine. Talk to Simon Owen, he's a great guy.

Wes

p.s. - I'm still trying to figure out how my earlier post was misleading...
Old    ajjdrew55            04-21-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
Wes
Listen I really don't care anymore. That is just my option because the topic is what does a team cost, I would take that as being a new 03 and i can understand that is what you payed then and even if I looked at your profile to see you have a 02 i would still not jump to the conclusion that you are talking about your boat. I would still think you meant that was what you were quoted for a new one.

My only point is that someone could read it and either delay their purchase or not buy at all thinking they were paying to much.I don't think anybody would want delay buying their new boat to try to get a price that is not possible to recieve.
And where i come from when somebody is it possible to get something for a certain price that would out the door. IE: I have 50K think I can get one?, no cause their really 53K after tax.

I hope you people get what i am tring to say.
If not I guess that is just my opinion and of corse we all know what they say about that!
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 10:25 PM Reply   
I insult people over intelligence, not money.

Therefore, you are a more than deserving target for me.

Have a nice day!
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 10:29 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, when the topic is 'how much does a team cost', I generally take that for exactly what it says.
Old    ajjdrew55            04-22-2003, 5:50 AM Reply   
Josh

Intelligence eh, "he got an '02 Team" yeh that's intelligent or is that proper english is Australia.
Anyway I've wasted enough time justifing myself to a punk with no means to even relate to this subject "boat cost". Even though cost is what you pay for something, and I am pretty sure all of us pay tax and prep so I guess that makes it part of the price/cost. eh!

Good day mate
Old    swass            04-22-2003, 5:51 AM Reply   
It costs more than I can afford. That's all I need to know.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2003, 6:40 AM Reply   
Andrew, I looked at your boat last night with one of the speakers on it. Now on with the subject I have been shopping around on price for a Team and found pricing to be extremely interesting. I live in Michigan with a cabin in nothern Michigan and am currently working in Chicago so I have an apartment Indiana. I have talked with 2 dealers and ther prices for the same boat a Team with all the extra options excapt a bigger engine have been about $6,000.00 different in price. You should be able to get a team for under 50 out the door
Old     (nut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-22-2003, 7:09 AM Reply   
I got a killer deal for whoever wants it. I have an 02 Super Air with flight clips, rear ballast, GT 40 engine, remainder of the warranties, and a brand new 03 dual axle trailer for $38,000. The boat has 160 hours on it, but looks like brand new. A one year old boat that is a good $10,000 less than a brand new one.
boat.jpg
Old     (nut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-22-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
I got a killer deal for whoever wants it. I have an 02 Super Air with flight clips, rear ballast, GT 40 engine, remainder of the warranties, and a brand new 03 dual axle trailer for $38,000. The boat has 160 hours on it, but looks like brand new. A one year old boat that is a good $10,000 less than a brand new one.
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
Why didn't you quote the 'cretin' bit too?

And yes, Australian english is completly different to the rest of the world.

I'm going to take the high road in this and not go through your posts looking for spelling errors.
You know that an argument has reached the lowest levels when grammar starts getting mentioned.

Lets end this now. I hope you have a great summer in your new boat, even though you did pay a more than you had to...
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2003, 7:37 AM Reply   
Wes, thanks for the info. I will definitely check them out and will ask for Simon. I didn't find your post mis-leading at all, FYI...
Old    wakeboardbum247            04-22-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
hey bruse u still ride ray roberts i might have to make it up and ride sumtime
Old    ladiesman            04-22-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
I was up at Silver Spray on Saturday looking at boats too. I saw two orange ones there. I saw the one with your name on it Andrew. It looks like you are getting a sweet boat. I like to matching colored towers. Those really help set the boat off in my mind. Very sweet boat Andrew. What kind of speakers and lights were those that you were getting mounted on there?
aoblak - didn't I see on MBO that you bought a new wakesetter? What are you shopping for now? 1 in MI and one in Indiana?
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2003, 11:59 AM Reply   
Hey Jack, that order was never placed due to me having to work in Chicago all summer long. I thought that you were going to place pictures of your boat online. Don't you own a 01 SAN? DOn't you know weather or not you are going to get a 03 or not? They got in a new Team yesterday that has a red hull and tower and everything elso is white.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2003, 12:06 PM Reply   
Jack, by the way I live in West Bloomfield with my family but my company has a job in Chicago a the Ford plant so I will be on site for about six months only coming home on weekends. So that should explain the last question.
Old    ladiesman            04-22-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
I was just kidding you about the two boats. I think you have the wrong Jack though. I have a crownline that I am trying to get rid of right now. I am trying to crunch numbers right now and see if I can afford it.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-22-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have seen your email address on wakeboarder to send pictures of Michigan wakeboarders to. The post was buy Jack V so I figured that it was you. Are you handeling the pictures?
Old    ajjdrew55            04-22-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
Jack
Thanks! I have not been out there since last week!
I thought it would be done by now but Jeff has not called yet. Anyway the lights are the 6 bulb by titan,and the speaks are wake designs MB3.

Allen what are you doing out there call me, I want to know how you can 6K?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-23-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
Tom, good luck and tell simon i said hi =)

Wes