Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-23-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
I saw this and was wondering what the thoughts of other wakeboarders would be on this?

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
what about the stress cracks on the hull where the tower mounts?
Old    leggester            04-23-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Don't ask ;)

IIRC, there was a thread about this and it was pretty negative.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-23-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
Making fun of that thing would just be too easy.

Would that produce any more "downforce" than say the windshield of the boat?? Esp at 20mph??
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Just what I wanted.....My boat to look like a Kenworth!!

Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-23-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
Hell, your 2nd and 3rd cousin on your Pappy's side could sit in that thing AND still have enough room for their spittin' cup, a gallon-size bottle of MD 20/20 and a big sign that would read:

WAYKEBORDIN' IS GOODER THAN NASCAR

Sweet!
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-23-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
It's on backwards.......
Old    ridinhigh            04-23-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
Is that thing an April fools joke?

In my opinion, if it is a real ad, it will never find its way to my boat any time soon. Even if it was completely functional (which I highly doubt) I couldn't get past the looks.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
At 22 mph how much downward force would there be?

Not a lot. Maybe 20 pounds worth.

So, I think it would be much more functional if it was a seat for extra boat babes.
Old    bigd            04-23-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
I noticed that too. It's mounted on the tower backwards. HAHAHA!!! "Slam this thang in reevurs & lets git some downforse wurkin' bubba!!"
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-23-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
If my daughter sat in the back seat of my boat it would produce more downforce than that thing at wakeboard speed
Old    chris_hargis            04-23-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
Are you sure it is on backwards, or do you think it could just be that the people who actually came up with the idea put the tower on the boat backwards?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       04-23-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Yeah looks like the tower is on backwards. I saw a few of the earlier posts too. Maybe it could be the NASCAR type bimini top. Mount it upside down under the top of the tower and you got a great place for all your sponsor’s stickers to go.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-23-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
Look where you attach your rope...you have to get your tower reworked to accomodate it.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Hey you guys are all jerks!!! Just because you haven't tried it, you cut on it. I just bought one and it looks wicked gnarly. OK, I didn't really buy one, and it does look pretty stupid with little or no chance of working. Maybe it's made of solid lead????
Old    sandman            04-23-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
We have enough rice on our streets. Lets leave it off our waterways.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-23-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Looks like it belongs on a civic.
Old    chris_hargis            04-23-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thanks Thomas, appreciate you callig us all jerks. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Like you, I am just kidding too.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
I think malibu mounted the wedge on the wrong side of the boat.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-23-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Let's take a look at the design here....
Proper placement of the wing on the boat could perhaps create enough downforce to sink the entire boat, maybe an inch or two - too far forward and the front goes down, too far back and the back goes down. Based on the angle at which the wing is attached(based on the picture above), when your boat is on plane, the wing essentially becomes ineffective, the angle closer to being horizontal. Mounting more vertical may solve the problem, but poses issues with the tower. It's bad enough having a 200lb'er edging hard out back.
May need a little more surface area to create enough downforce for any noticable difference in wake characteristics.

However, because you're directing the airflow higher above the surface of the water, this may have a more positive effect on the the amount of "air" we get (how big we can go), by creating an additional lift as we get into the higher elevations.

Anyways......
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-23-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
I think I'll get one of those for my "other boat"! Things tend to get a little "squirrely" at 110..........
Check this out:
http://www.harbercrafteagle.com/eagleracing/rmedia/jetmov1.mpe
Old    kiwi            04-24-2003, 2:03 AM Reply   
You guys aren't thinking outside the square.

It's a solar powered bar-b-que nah

It's a solar powered shower.You fill it with water and it heats up during the day . Nah

Its been brought out by the petrol companies to use even more fuel than usual . nah

Boy racers in boats Ahhhh thats it .
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-24-2003, 6:03 AM Reply   
Imagine a deck boat with a tower or an aluminum fishing boat with a tower, (they are out there: reference the 2003 St. Louis Boat Show) I suspect I will see one of those things proudly displayed on top of one or both of the previously mentioned boats this summer on the local waterways of Missorui! Aaahhhh, to be able to fish, hunt, and wakeboard all from the same boat! Now that's livin'!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-24-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
I like the mounting hardware. That reminds me, gotta fix the fence.
Old    bigd            04-24-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
This group might be interested...
http://extremeboatsmag.com/video_files/Movies/HW_2002_teaser.wmv
http://extremeboatsmag.com/video_files/Movies/Fall_2002_teaser2.wmv

In the second video there's a brutha running 2 giant outboards right in the middle of the pack - gotta love it - didn't see if there was a trolling motor hooked to the front...

Iraquis don't have poker runs - end of discussion!!

(Message edited by bigd on April 24, 2003)
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-24-2003, 9:49 PM Reply   
BobD,

That's some inspiring vid's. Reminds me of growing up in South Florida, running the canals in my 13' Boston Whaler dodging the Cigarettes ripping down the river at 80.

Bill