Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (trippg)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-16-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Does any one know where to get custom wild life numbers? I just stepped into an '03 SAN and I don't want to put cheezy numbers on the hull.

Thanks,
Tripp
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-16-2003, 8:25 AM Reply   
wild life? what are wildlife numbers?

i just went down the street from my house to a signs place called fast signs. they turned out pretty good. had a bunch of fonts to choose from and can do lots of different options.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
http://www.signsandprints.com

This site can make drip mold registration numbers. All you need is the correct font for your boat and they can match them to your graphics.

Here is one from a Malibu.

(Message edited by kstateskier on April 16, 2003)
Old    samcdog            04-16-2003, 8:41 AM Reply   
Those are sweet. Thanks. Can you do anything for the ugly registration decals?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I think you're pretty much stuck with what the state gives you there.

We have orange!

Old    swass            04-16-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Your registration is good 'til '06? We have to renew every year.

Did you want your hull #s to be visible from space?
Old    samcdog            04-16-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
That is horrible. It looks like a bad carnival ticket. 2006. That is nice. Indiana was yearly and I think Illinois is too. Do you remove the old or simply go over it? If remove, how?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-16-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
Geoff,

Illinois is good for 3 years.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
swass, wanted those Wildlife and Parks guys to see if from miles away so they didn't come over and harass us. I got in to it with one the other night, we were the only boat on the lake, about 5 of us (all between 19-23) putting in the slalom course. He was eyeing us with binoculars from shore. He thought we were drinking, said he saw an amber bottle. Turned out to be a friends orange Nalgene water bottle. He was set on writing me up!

Anyway, back to the topic, the 4 years decals are great, though doesn't help much with a promo, #'s aren't transferrable.

Sam, Our decals remove pretty easily if you can get the edge up. StickerOff out of Overton's works pretty good.

Oh, and the reason I didn't get the cool bubble letters, $140 is pretty steep if you have to do it every year!

(Message edited by kstateskier on April 16, 2003)
Old    samcdog            04-16-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
$140, didn't know that much. I will still probably get them.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   

Here are mine - WAKEON.COM can do these for you. Just provide color scheme you would like and what boat you have and the year.

www.wakeon.com
cf numbers
Old    swass            04-16-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Nick, I'm confused (imagine that). Your hull registration number changes every year, but your sticker is only renewed every four years?

In Colorado, the same registration number stays with the boat forever, unless it leaves the state.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-16-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
I know that in IN, IL, WI, and FL, you keep the same reg numbers, you just get a different sticker to go next to it when it is time to renew. I really like the drip mold. I am going to look into that since I just got new FL numbers, time to take off the IL numbers. aww yeah.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sorry swass, I was a little confusing. We have to change numbers every year when we get a new boat. The sticker and registration numbers continue on with the boat if it remains in Kansas, so what I meant was we have to get new stickers every year.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-16-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
those bubble letters are way cool, but I opted to have a local sign shop make some die cut vinyl stickers, I'll have a picture of them tomorrow if they turn out as cool as I hope they will.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-16-2003, 4:50 PM Reply   
My numbers were freehand painted on by the dealer ( their resident artist ), looking similar to Mike's; but those drip mold letters/numbers look great
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-16-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
Ral, what if you sell your boat out of state, that won't be a fun job getting rid of those decals.
Old    oldschool            04-17-2003, 6:05 AM Reply   
Yep, I just got a price quote of $135 for those dome stickers. No thanks, but would be sweet. The Launch graphics are done in the same manner.