Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    drewsky24            05-16-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Should I buy the Transits or the Teams, because I can get a really good deal on either?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-16-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Go try them on, demo if possible.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Have you had a chance to try them on yet? I dont really think thats its a thing where one is better than the other, from the sounds of it its all about preference when comparing the 2. If you include some information about how you like bindings to fit then your probably going to get a better response on this board. Do you like higher ankle support, or do you like to poke out your grabs... thats the kind of stuff people need in order to give you and honest answer to this question.
Old    wickedwake            05-16-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
I havent ridden the Teams but I have the Transits and I dont see how I could possibly be happier with a bindings. The comfort level is like nothing you have ever felt. They are very supportive but provide plenty of flexibilty to poke out grabs. You will definetly not go wrong with either. The Teams will offer you more stability to your ankles and lace up in the back. Other then that just pick your favorite color
Old    drewsky24            05-16-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
I wish there was a place within 100 miles where I can demo. So how do you like that LSV?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-16-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Andrew ~ let me say it b4 everyone else does....GET THE PARKS

J/K bro. both boots are the shizzle. You should try them on to see what fits your foot best. I tried the transit and the footbed was a little short, but the binding was really nice. I ride the teams now (all long with 15 other people I know) and everyone loves these bindings. I have not found a better pair out there (for my foot). If they both fell really good than go for looks. The LE Transits look sick with the camo and the LE teams are sick as well. On the other hand the all black transit have an "outlaw" look that is just sick. I don't think you would not happy with either, but ever foot is different so just demo some from a shop or a friend and go from there.

Good luck on your search.
Old    drewsky24            05-16-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
Yeah now that I think about I want the the Teams more than the Transits.
Old    aceofdimondz            05-16-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
i think teams look better but supposedly transits are way more cumfy... i dunno!
Old    wickedwake            05-16-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
Well it seems you knew the answer all along
Old    wakeboarder408            05-16-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
Try on the Teams before you buy them. I had to cut the rubber pieces on the back of my ankles otherwise it was impossible to get my feet in. I had to do this cuz i bought them on Ebay so i couldnt return them. And yes, that will void the warranty.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2005, 11:54 PM Reply   
i've ridden the transits. i bought the teams...and i didn't even have to cut the rubber pieces off.

http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?a=982
Old    drewsky24            05-18-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
I just got the Teams on Ebay for $250.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
It depends on the kind of ankle support you like. From my experience, I've ridden the '05s of both bindings (I own the teams, my bro has the transits). The transits have a looser feel for upper ankle support, and I was able to poke out some grabs really nice when I rode them. The teams are really stiff. My preference is to a boot w/ more ankle support. What do you like?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-18-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
nice review Joe.

I currently have a pair of Ultras and after that read, I want to get some Teams.
Old    drewsky24            05-18-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
I ride the Parks '03 right now and they are a little to flexible for my taste, but they are great bindings I'm selling them for $100.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
teams run smaller than transits