Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-04-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Our new boat (X-1) will be in soon and I am looking to pick up a surfer. We will usually be surfing with stock ballast and a large crew (7-8 people). I found a smokin deal on an 05 Coex online and want to know if you think it will be too agressive of a board to keep in the pocket on a smaller-sized wake.

I weigh about 135, have never surfed before, progressing well on the wakeboard and skate..

thanks for your reply.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       03-04-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
bro... the X1 throws anything but a smaller wake..but the CWB tsunami is a great board behind that boat
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-04-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
Good to hear that the wake won't lack with the smaller boat ^^^

I forgot to add, the dad wants to surf it too, weighs about 180. First timer also.

thanks
Old    moh2o            03-05-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
IMO- the boards made by the wakeboard companies are all using the same old technology/ materials and construction techniques (as wakeboards)and are a less than ideal solution.

I've tried quite a few different shapes and styles over the last 2 1/2 years and the difference in performance really is amazing.
GO CUSTOM!

BTW- I'm 140lbs. and my 210lbs. brother in law can rip the same board.

(Message edited by Moh2o on March 05, 2006)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies boys, but C'mon someone on this board has to have ridden a Coex before and can give me some or any input
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-07-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hey CAskimmer,
Do you hang with Beaker and his boys.
I've been seeing alot of the Laguna boys at The Wave House in San Diego. I live in Nor Cal but I go to San Diego almost every weekend looking for some property to build a house. And I never miss a sesh at the Pool.
Old    surfdad            03-08-2006, 5:47 AM Reply   
ALAN! We haven't seen you around in ages! How are things with you, your family and Awake?

ridehype4life:

IMO, There isn't any board that is "too aggressive" to stay in any size pocket...it's just a factor of how much pumping you'll end up doing. :-) One piece of advice: Even with a KILLER DEAL, I'd demo that coex before laying out good money. There are a several other boards that out-perform the coex.
Old    moh2o            03-08-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Alan, yeah I know all those guys although I'm better friends with his brother. I bet we know a lot of the same people as I have a few friends that ride there every chance they can.
(I live in SD)

ridehype4life-I've never ridden the Coex but based on my experience with the Broadcast and others I'd say look elsewhere unless it's a steal and is your only chance for a board.
Old    davekruk            03-08-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
I weigh 145 and ride on the coex and my friend weighs 165 and he rides it. We both like it, but I just got a custom Walker wakesurf board a couple months ago but I havent tried it out yet.
Old    hkyplaya55            03-08-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
what kind of fin should i get for my coex and where do i buy it?
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-08-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff,

I've been around, just laying low. We just had baby number 2, Matteo is 5 weeks old. Camilla just turned 3 last weekend. I think we are done.

As for Awakesurf; We have been restructuring.
We have a new name and new products coming out as soon as the paper work goes through.
Email me and I can clue you in on what is happening with my company.

I am planning on going to Arizona. Will you be there?

How are you and the family doing?
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-08-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Jeff,
www.awakesurf.com
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-08-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
Jeff,
www.awakesurf.com
Old    surfdad            03-09-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
Alan,
It's good to have your input back. We've all missed you. Congrat on the new baby! So are you and the missus sleeping? :-) The family is great, thanks for asking and we are flying into Arizona on the 28th, so we'll look for you there. The folks from Inland Surfer are thinking about coming down also, if they can get a boat for additional rides on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully we can find someone or perhaps Century Marine, one of the sponsors, will hook us all up with a shiny new Centurion boat. :-)
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-09-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Unfortunatly I get to sleep more than my wife.

Little Matteo craves the milk almost every hour on the hour through out the night.

Check your email.