Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-12-2010, 1:57 AM Reply   
Kaesen made sure that he got booted in the first round so that he could concentrate on shooting pics just for you guys! Check out our Brostock 2010 coverage...

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...tock-2010.html
Old     (blaine4oh5)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
i cant believe i missed it. Damn family vacations
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-12-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Brostock was a blast. Too much fun to explain. Bull Shoals is beautiful.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
so Im no contest junkie, nor do I know all the rules, but the "re-rides" for Danny sound all too weird for me.

would love to hear someone's perspective that knows more about this SPECIFIC case with Harf, especially the second re-run as the story doesnt explain why it was deemed necessary.
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-12-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
wish i could have been there
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
When are some videos going to show up? I want to see Adam's runs, he goes BIG.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Ty, I agree with you about the rerides. If you think the boat is going to slow, you don't hit the double up. Plain and simple. Not only did he hit it but was able to still do a ts bs oa 3 showing that it was an acceptable double up, then getting a second reride that wasn't explained is even more fishy. Maybe a boat through a roller or the guy drove the double up to wide or too tight. Personally, I like the pete 5 over the toe back 7 but sounded like an awesome event and weekend regardless.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-12-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
BroStock would be the last competition to have any kind of controversy
Old     (justanotherrider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
A-dub, how so? The only weird thing is that brostock is an LF and Monster event so the fact that Harf (Monster rider) was given special treatment over Fields (Liquid Force Rider) doesn't really jive. I think they just were poor double ups BUT by trying to hit them, I think they should be counted.
Old     (justanotherrider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
It was a great competition, Fields goes big, always fun to watch, I think the boat was having issues for Harf that's why they gave him reruns.
Not sure how Bob with 3 falls got placed before Nick G though
Great site and cant wait til next year
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-12-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
IMO, BroStock is about the atmosphere and fun, almost anit-Comp feel to it. Although some coin was on the line, I think it was more about good times. Agree, in a competition format throw the handle, but put in that situation I can't say I would do that, doubt many would
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2010, 2:12 PM Reply   
For a guy like Harf $13k might not be that big of a deal but I can assure you it is to Adam. I'm not saying throw the handle, I'm just saying don't hit the double up. If you commit to the double up, then you cannot claim boat driver error, unless the guy messes with the speed when you are in the air or on the landing.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
^^^ i kinda like to think of baseball. if you got a ball coming outside the strike zone and you swing at it, it is gona be a strike anyway.

but again, i don't know what really went down
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-12-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
You guys talking of throwing the handle or not hitting the DU are way off base. It could have been a last second issue, by which then most riders are committed. I'm sure most of us have hit DU's (I know for a fact I have, multiple times), that were sheety. 8 times out of 10, I was hitting it or just the second before hitting it before realizing that I'm about to hit a crap DU.

D Harf has always been a class act, and for you some of you guys to cry foul, that's just BS. If he was given a reride, I would almost guarantee there was a boat issue, which we all know happens. I am sure that Adam would not want to win the contest on account of a boat malfunction affecting another rider's run.
Old     (dharf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-12-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
Hi All,
Just got home and read this so I thought I would clear up the confusion. I only got one re-ride and it was because the boat slowed way down going through the double up and it washed out. The driver made the call on the re-ride as he had been doing the whole comp. I fell the 1st hit, landed a ts bs 3 but was given a re-ride the 2nd hit, fell on the re-ride and made my final double up. You should all just go next year and you will see why there was some confusion as to what actually happened at Brostock!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
^^^ ahh the harf man himself, thanks for adding your POV

----------
i'll leave my post i was writing till i saw harf's >>

many have stated that there indeed could have been good cause for the re-runs, like kyle mentioned, especially since we were not there... and maybe that is cause enough not to say anything at all.

even my comparison to baseball is off (but what comparisons are not, since nothing ever fully compares to another) because in baseball the pitcher purposely keeps a ball on the boarders of the strike zone for difficulty. not like the driver of double ups.

i have not hit many double-ups but there are definitely a lot of variables and unpredictable things. is it really possible to expect a perfect double every time? maybe they can now-a-days? i ride behind I/O 99% of the time so... i don't know

Last edited by wakerider111; 07-12-2010 at 9:57 PM.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-13-2010, 4:15 AM Reply   
get some.
Old     (justanotherrider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-13-2010, 6:02 AM Reply   
Thanks Danny for clearing that up...Being there & seeing it makes all the difference.Maybe Bob can get on here also and explain why judges felt landing nothing in finals puts him ahead of Nick G, who landed a cab 5
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-15-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
This was my first Pro-wakeboard event to see in person and it was great!
I am so glad that LF decided to hold it at Bull Shoals this year.
This gave all us mid-westerners an opportunity to see an Epic event.
All the riders were class acts and they seemed to be having as much or more fun than some of the spectators.
Bull Shoals lake is just one of The Best places to ride in the world in MHO.
If you ever get a chance to ride at Bull Shoals or Lake Norfork don't pass it up!
BroStock was simply OFF THE HOOK!
Hope LF has it at Bull Shoals again next year.
Loved IT, thanks for the good times Liquid Force, Riders and supporters of the event!

Regards,
The Geeze