Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    bocephus            07-22-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I rode an O'brien Player 143 for the 1st time today. I am 6'3" 220#, I have ridden a '03 Byerly 142, an Era 142, an '05 Liquid Force Balance and an Era 147. I have been riding the 147 lately. The Player is the best popping and carving board that I have ever rode. It's very stable and really holds a good edge, yet it's really easy to spin on the surface. Excellent board inmy opinion!!

I would recommend it!

(Message edited by bocephus on July 22, 2006)
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Bocephus, did you demo it from Century? I think they have the Natural 144 there and if you have the chance I could not more highly recommend a board. I've yet to ride the Player but I know that the Natural is Watkins' new board, while the Player was his last board. The Natural is by far the best board I have ever been on. O'Brien is the most overlooked company unfortunately as they make some of the best shapes around.

Sounds like you had a good time on Saturday, thanks again for the invite and I wish I could have gone. I'll be heading out a few afternoons this week if you want to come out or meet us up at Canyon. I'm fine with people showing up at 7:00pm for a pull as many generous people have allowed me to do the same.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
I'm getting the natural soon. I heard great things about that board...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-23-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
It is a great great great great board that player is. I have seen it clean up so many peoples style. The natural is what I ride now, its the best board ever, forgiving like the player with true 3-stage rocker! Plus its lighting fast!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
sweet, I need a fast board...my shane cracked in half today, so I'm going o'brien. I heard they hold up a little better than LF. Andy I noticed you ride a 144. I'm 185, should I go with the 144 or 139?
Old    bocephus            07-23-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Josh,
My buddy bought it off eBay and got it for $100 or something like that, it was new but is an '05. We are going out next weekend too and you are more than welcome to come. If I buy a new board anytime soon it will be the Natural.

I was actually landing out in the flats with the Player which is truely amazing for me.
Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
I have been extremely happy with the 05 Player 143 I bought "new" off ebay and started using this season. It tracks great w/o fins and pops like nothing else. I will mention the very edges of the board are thin and I cracked the back toeside edge crashing off a tabletop the first day I used it, but I did a repair using suncure surfboard repair and continue to use it with no probs. If I eventually need to replace and cannot grab the same board I will be going to the Natural without a doubt. (Also, pair this board with the LF Watsons for a great combo)