Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    mddecker            09-14-2003, 9:18 PM Reply   
Hey all-
I have an Obrien suspect board. It came with 2" fins which are a little ridiculous, so i took them off and have been riding finless, which is great but hard to get a really good cut for big air. I heard some peeps have put a 1.5" or even smaller fin on and has improved the board tremendously. Obrien makes 2 fins that seem to do what I am looking for but I don't know which one to get. Can anyone reccommend the "rail" fin or the "spine" fin? I ride behind a steep wake (off a Malibu wakesetter) and am an intermediate rider.
thanks,
matt
Old    enjoi004            09-16-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
i had the same problem i went with the rail 1.5 fins and it cuts hard to the wake with out breaking loose and is loose when wanting to do waterslides and stuff.
Old     (cjsuperfly)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-22-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
my sister bought 1.5 rail fins from obrien to use on our rave slider, one snaped right off, hyperlok, fin hardware all gone, and the other is badly damaged, and it wasnt from not knowing what she was doing. they arnt made tough. and definitly arnt meant to be used on "rails"

(Message edited by cjsuperfly on September 22, 2003)