Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
Is this possible behind a wakeboat? When some of my friends fall when they are still holding onto the handle they get slack in the line without a board on their stomach. They than let go to get the board though.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2006, 10:17 PM Reply   
not smart, you are being exposed to a lot of CO
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-27-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Not safe, there was a news report this last year of a woman body surfing behind a boat with six trained life guards on board - she didn't wear a life jacket, fell unconscious from the fumes and now she's dead.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
We body surf behind my Enzo all the time. I usually use a coex board but my friend has gone quite a ways without one.

Sideswipe rules for this stuff.
Old     (stixxmon)      Join Date: May 2006       09-27-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
A few years ago, some friends and I went thru alot of hassle getting the CA legislation to rewrite the law so wakesurfing did not get
sucked in with the outlawing of Teaksurfing, a deadly sport. Bodysurfing? Same thing. Listen to Ed. Jason, ride that Stix I sent you and save the bodysurfing for the beach...PLEASE. I know you have Sideswipe but most do not. This crazyness will get us all shut down. The boat companys are just starting to come around and we do not need to get associated with another death that had nothing to do with wakesurfing.
Best Regards to All, JP
Old    walt            09-27-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Body surfing behind a boat is a great way to die !
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
what's a sideswipe?
Old    walt            09-28-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Exhaust that exits from the side of the boat Vs the stern like most boats. It also has the added benefit of being very loud and obnoxious.

Some Centurion boats have it.
Old    jack43            09-28-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Chris, Exhaust out the side of the hull.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Jerry, sinse I got that stixx from you the only time I screw around with body surfing is when I am trying to pop up like a real surfer. And I am in the middle of nowhere where it seems rules don't apply. I know that is no excuse, but we ride til midnight all the time as the boat patrol rides with me! I hate to admit it but I have only strapped my wakeboard on about three times sinse I got your board. I am hooked on shred stixx.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-08-2006, 8:19 PM Reply   
wat up Jerry?
see you at the swap meet at Arun's shop next week. Get there early to secure a space - I heard it's going to be choke.