Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    obsurfer            06-02-2005, 11:36 PM Reply   
I thinking of getting the ZenMicro. Like the Fm tuner. I'll get 20.00 off and so will you if you use this stupid discount code at crutchfield.com
pzekx-wfhe2-kqp2a
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
I you don't have your heart set on one of those two consider the I river H320 or H340. They have built in tuners and are very nice. I picked the H320 over the IPod. Check out this link for a good reference on the I-River products. Go to the forums and read up.
http://misticriver.net/
By the way the also have a fm tuner

(Message edited by sbt3 on June 03, 2005)
Old    tige_kid            06-03-2005, 6:42 AM Reply   
I had an I river it only held like 125 songs and it broke in like 2 weeks. The ipod is great because it is more of a computer than an mp3 player (I have the 20g and love). I have never heard of "ZenMicro" so I cant say they suck.
Old    obsurfer            06-03-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Its from Creative labs, I have had good luck with sound blaster products and not sure if I would like buttons verses a dial. My Xm tuner has a dial and I hate it. Buttons I can usally do without looking at them.
Old    alanp            06-03-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
id go with the zen. i own a zen, a muvo, and a nomad(all by creative). i like the software they are bundled with and zen is extremely user friendly. i dont like the apple b/c it uses the acc format for its songs which adds an additional step if you wanna burn music to a disc(you have to burn the acc format to mp3). also i hate itunes, the software bundled with the ipod. i get nothing but frustrated with it.
Old     (smokedawg311)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-03-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
ipod is whats up.....exp. but you deffinitely get what you pay for!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
my iPod just crapped out on me. I've had it for like 11 months & it's broke. Luckily I got the 2 year extended warratny. But now I have to shell out an additional $50 because they don't make 15gig anymore & I have to upgrade to a 20gig. Not too bad but I is poor right now. Aside from this I love my iPod. I've got close to 12gigs of music on it & can listen for nearly two weeks of straight new music if I so choose. Amen!!
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Zack, obviously you didn't have the same one I do. Mine is 20 gig and the also make a 40 gig. Ask anyone who buys one of the H 320 series I rivers and they will tell you they are great. I had a choice between this and an I pod. I didn't care about the money. I picked this because of features. If you are brave you can even reflash it to a korean firmware and it will act as a usb host to your camera. Like I said check out the link in my last post for good info on them.
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-03-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
i have a nomad zen and an ipod. the good thing about the zen is you can make up playlists on the fly. I.E. a kid is riding, you punch in 4 or 5 songs in a row for them. some teenage girl and you punch in some justin timberlake, Grant gets Country.... dont think you have that flexability with the ipod.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
Actually you can make an "On the Go" Playlist with your iPod. You go to the song you want & hold down the center button & it will add it to a new playlist.

Touché salesman, touché.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       06-03-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
I have the Nomad Jukebox (40GB) and have had it for about two months. No problems so far, and it hooks up to the boat stereo real nice.
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-03-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
cool, any other good tips? lol
Old     (kid_a)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-03-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Settlement proposed in iPod class action suit. You may want to check into this to see if you're included since you'd get 50 bucks and i believe free repair of your unit if yours falls under the settlement. http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/
Old    obsurfer            06-03-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
I'm gunna get the Zen,no tax, free shipping,20 off the only thing I don't like is you can't always get the extended warranty out of state.