Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    vandal            06-01-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Ok, kinda bored. No riding b/c of the relentless rain and wind where I live, so here's a good fire-starting question. What's the worst wakeboard boat you've ever ridden behind? I'll start it off..............hands down the Toyota Epic 22. uhhhhhhhggggggggg is was terrible. I kept hoping I'd crash hard enough to get ejected out of my bindings as a good excuse to come back in the boat early. Hope noone gets clothes-pins on their nipples from this topic.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-01-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
*awaits the boat wars*
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-01-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
The century Bronco 180 I had before I bought my MC PS 205. Flat, non existant wake, couldn't hold more than 500 lbs of weight. I would imagine any outboard would be horrible. But I have never been behind a real wakeboarding boat. I bet the yamaha jet boat / supposed wake boats are horrible.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
my yamaha waverunner there is not enough power to pull me out of the water
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-01-2004, 5:40 PM Reply   
Greg, the waverunner doesn't have enough to pull you out?

Strange. I use my 10 foot inflatable dinghy with a 9.9 outboard to pull riders past the slider. If it will get my 195 pound ass up and moving I would expect a waverunner to be able to.

Here is a trick that we use to help out the dinghy: We start with the dinghy going at 90 degrees to the rider. For the first 20 feet or so we travel in an arc around the rider until the dinghy gets up on plane, then we straighten out and pull the rider out. Works great!

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-01-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
Hey Vandal, Rod's got the Toyota Epic 22 Starting Procedure down pat here.

Except when we ballast it, we'll wrap a full 270 degrees before staightening out.

BTW, Shapiro and Harf wrote The Procedure.

You knew you'd get a rise out of one of us, right?
Old    00prostar205v            06-02-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
My own, of course. It was a 72 Spectra 18 jet. Terrible with a ski rope in hand, but sinful to drive!