Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-02-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
I was just wondering what peoples experiences are with this boat. I know the boat is capable of throwing a really good wake. Just wondering if there is anything important to check on these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brett
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-02-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
i just rode behind an 03 SAN, the wake was HUGE. I'm sold & will be looking for a Natique within a couple of years of yours & the one i rode behind. Is there any diff in hulls from a 98 to an 03???
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2007, 12:05 AM Reply   
An Air Nautique isn't a Super Air Nautique (SAN). Air Nautique has a different hull and a direct drive. By far not the same wake as a SAN. Not bad but no comparisson to the SAN.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
A 98 Air has the same hull as a 1995-2006 Super Air Nautique. It's just a direct drive. So you need more weigth in the back. But it can produce a serious wake.
I'm not sure, but I think the 2000 and newer Air d-drive has a different hull as the SAN. Also the '99-'02 Pro-Air d-drive has a different hull.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-03-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
So the 95-06 Air Nat is the same as the SAN?
v or d drive? So which is the best affordable one? I'm looking for the best bang for the buck, w/o spending a ton of d'oh.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-03-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Both the Sport (Air Nautique) and Super Sport (Super Air Nautique) had a new hull for 1998, which was also the first year for the term "Air", that included ballast and a tower (FCT = Flight Control Tower). TSC = Total Surface Control. The direct drive and V-drive are the same hull.

Things to check would be hours!!! Beyond that look for abuse, like cracks in the gel coat, torn interior, etc. Also make sure the engine runs smooth and during the wet test make sure there are no vibrations. Look for corrosion over everything, especially the motor. Check the floor for soft spots by lightly bouncing your way around. Inspect the trailer for damage. Tire wear, etc. Ask how many miles they towed so you can get an idea of how many miles are on the trailer. It may be due for an overhaul of the bearings, replace the seals, and bleed or upgrade the brakes.

Marc, best bang for the buck would be a 93-97 Sport. Many will already have towers on them.

If you can get the hull warranty transfered to you. It should cost around $300+ dollars but will give you the lifetime hull guarantee.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-03-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Marc I had a 99 and I loved it. weighted it down with 1000 in the back and 350s next to the engine and the wake was big. its a cc so its quality as long as its been taken care of it will last you for years to come.
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
niiice
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-06-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
I have a '98 super sport and I love it. The only difference is that it is a V-drive and the Air is a DD. Put some weight in the back and I'm sure it will throw a great wake. Even when I run mine unweighted with just people I can get some great air.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Will also say they are on the same hull. I wasn't much of a fan of the wake behind a PRO Air Nautique. That has the different hull for sure. Some people like the pro air's wake but I wasn't too much of a fan. Still was decent just different shape to it.

If I am not mistaken in 98 the Air had the newer hull as well, but that was 98-99. Anyone recall that? Not a 100% but I am sure the guys over at planetnautique.com can help you out. When they added the trunk in the back I am pretty sure they changed the hull, Again can't go wrong with either boat I just didn't care for the shape of the Pro Air. The air was always a great boat to ride behind though and well the Super Air We all know can kick it. Best bang for buck what ever you find that fits YUOR pocket book and you get some use out of. You can never go wrong with an air or sport nauty. Will hold their value for sure

(Message edited by xstarrider on July 06, 2007)
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-06-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
I had a 2000 Air Nautique before I sold it and bought a 2003 Super Air Nautique.

The wakes don't compare at all. I was happy with the Air's wake, especially with a fat sack in addition to the stock ballast tanks. My son, however, wanted more.

Rod