Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (deadger)      Join Date: May 2007       06-22-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
so i am looking at buying a 2002 21" Supra Launch w/ Direct Drive - 400 hrs, currently have an old MC 190 prostar......so anything will be and upgrade in regards to boat size and wake.

my main question here is in regards to Supra and the quality of their boats. Is everyone fairly satisfied with their rig and happy with the wake when weighted properly.

thx
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
I just picked up a 2003 launch 22 SS DDrive. I like to ski/board so that is why I went to the DD. I used to have a 99 Malibu VLX so this was a big change for me. Mine has the factory ballast bow and rear. One thing I was surprised by compared to my old V drive was that the wake was much wider and steeper (which I kinda like)! Mine has the fixed wakeplate on it. I currently have it at my dealer to retrofit to the hydrolic wakeplate (came as an option that year) which should give me more control over the wake. I like the fit and finish of the supra. There is no bow rise issue like I had with my Vdrive which I like as well.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2007, 1:39 AM Reply   
I think the Supra launch has arguably the best D-drive wake on the market. Love the setup of the boat as well. Tons of room high gunwales and a great ride. Little underpowered if you ask me with the standard 310 carb motor....Kind of sluggish with weight but a new propp can fix that. Fit and finish you cant go wrong.

Wake wise its wider than most so ride 5ft or so lower than you normally would but it has adaptability to either be peaky or mellow with the wakeplate. All in all great wake boat for sure for any intermediate advanced rider with tons of storage for a d-drive if you ask me. Will help you progress very well.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-01-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
i have the 02 launch SL DD and i love it. the wake is good and with an extra sack in the back locker and another in the walk thru it gets to be a really beautiful wake. the hydraulic wake plate is good for adjusting the wake, if you put it about 1/4 down it takes the lip off.
mines got the 320 horsepower EFI which has been super reliable and handles weight reasonably well.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
Attached are some pic of my 2003 22 SS taken today at San Vincente. Also are a couple of shots of the wake from the factory ballast, hydro plate all the way down, going about 20-22 mph. The rider is my son Joey.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-05-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
wow thats with the factory ballast and plate thats nice im transitioning from a 90 supra sunsport to a launch ssv and thats what i got to look forward to. im so pumped now
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Mike,

your vdrive should put out a nice wake. Because mine is a DD yours will be as steep or more but not as wide