Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-22-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
So looking at possibly upgrading my tower speakers this winter. I was looking at some of the new Wetsounds and Exile stuff

My concern is this........... I have 3 kids and an awesome wife who all love the boat. We have some Krypt audio 6.5HLCD's from a group buy on here about 2 yrs ago maybe more. While I can hear them while I am riding I am looking for just a bit more. I am worried the newer, bigger, higher quality tower speakers will be blasting them out of the boat. They are already pretty loud as it is with just the (2) 6.5 HLCD's.

I am curious to see how people relate the sound in the boat with the bigger higher quality gear. If you think it is going to be much more noticeable, or if there is a speaker that projects more than another to prevent the noise in the boat.

I have a Pac LC1 controller for fade and both my amps are on seperate relays so I will only be using the towers not running the inboats as well. 90% of the time. I haven't been in a boat with some high qauality tower speakers in about 5 years other than a few of my buddys boats with the factory JL gear up there. My last aftermarket tower speaker experience was in a friends Nauti with NVS speakers and that think cranked. So again just looking for some input on the upgrade. I know I am kind of asking for a lot here due to the fact of trying to get the tunes out at 75ft, but just curious as to what others think that know way more about the stereo gear than me .

Last edited by hookedonboardin; 09-22-2011 at 2:10 PM.