Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    d_anderson            05-16-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
man I was trying a tantrum I did not get enough air and I took a big spill and my left binding pulled completly out of the board it cracked the area around the screw hole. My bindings are the 04 tements and I had to use a shorter screw for the substance board I am bummed.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
I would bring it back to the shop you got it from and try to warranty it. If the insert pulled out there shouldn't be any question about warranty. I probably wouldn't come straight out and tell them you were using HL bindings on a LF board, but even then it shouldn't be a problem.
Old    d_anderson            05-17-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
that is what I did actually I got lucky We noticed that the spacer was a bit to thick and the screw did not seem to go deep enough into the insert, we changed out the spacer and reinstalled the bindings seems to hold only one prob we noticed was their is a small crack around the insert we are going to try it if it fails the guy at the board shop said we will send it back in. thanks for the reply CIE.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-19-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
04 Substance? They've lengthened the insert again for the 05 model much to my annoyance. Our crew had trouble with a Trip (stripped an insert in the process) and my Substance popping hardwear. Oh and you can ask Walt and Monk how much fun it is to get me outta Ultra Sucs after my hardwear popped first set at Spring Ride. I was seriously pissed, fly that far to blow out hardwear first set.Luckily between Billy and the engine shop I had a screw to work.