Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (bounty_hunter)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anybody else has had any problems with taking their boats in for service at DG (Tracy Boat sales). I recently took my boat in for a simple warranty issue. I dropped the boat off extremely clean in and out. When I picked up the boat I took a quick look around the outside but didn't pay too much attention to the interior untill I got home. Once I got home and went to cover the boat I discovered the interior was a disaster. There were Shoe prints, oil marks, small rocks, some sort of oil over spray on windshield and seats that won't come off, and heavy film of dirt all over. The boat was dropped off with cover on. When I picked it up cover was half on. They only worked on the engine, yet the interior in the bow section had grease and dirt all over it also. I was totally pissed! I will NEVER take my boat back there again! This is the second time I have had to take the boat in for some sort of service since I bought it new last year. The first time I took it to them I had a similar problem, but not nearly as bad as this time.

So I just wondering if this has happend to anybody else or is this just normal for a service department to basically thrash your interior. I know if you took a $60k car in for service to a dealer they would throw down plastic on the seats, paper floor mats ect. Shouldn't a marine service dept. do the same. Sorry for the rant.
Old    mendo247            07-13-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Thats exactly why i dont let anyone touch my boat! Ive had a couple really minor warranty issues and have taken care of them myself.. Even if i had something major come up id fix it myself rather than risk a situation like this..
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
Jason,

I would suggest Delta Sport boats in Antioch and also Topside Marine in San Jose, both top notch service departments. I live in Tracy and do not use DG Marine.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
Yup, I had the same exact experience. They are the closest to me now but not getting any more of my business.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2007, 11:13 PM Reply   
Sounds like my experience with UWS service.

There nothing like paying top dollar for crap!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-14-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
I had a prolbem with them also. But in my case I went to pick up the boat after they called me and said it was done. I got their it was not finished so I asked and they told me it would be ready the next day. So I saked why did you call me and say it was ready their resonse to that was ( if you dont like it take it now now) the boat had no oil or filter and the perfect pass was taken apart.
Now for the PRO SHOP. I had a CWB handle that was coming apart after 3 weeks of using it so I took it back. The girl behind the counter said she would take care of it. After about 4 weeks and many phone calls I still didnt have it taken care of. She kept making lame excuses about the rep being ON vacation and CWB out of stock. So I waited 4 more weeks and still no handle. So I started poasting on this board and the CWB rep must have seen my posting. He wrote me back and said he was sorry for the treatment I recived from TRACY BOAT PRO SHOP That he would have a new handle in a couple days. The new handle was deliverd to my house 3 days later. Now if TRACY BOATS SERVICE DEPT AND THE PRO SHOP new what costomer service was all about I would't be writing about my experance with their sh---y shop. As for the costomer service I recived from CWB rep thank you . You are the greatest. As for Doug I agree check out Delta Sport Boats they are a top notch shop. They stand behind everything they sell

(Message edited by sherman on July 14, 2007)

(Message edited by sherman on July 14, 2007)
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
I totally agree!!!! I took my boat in for simple service to the place where I bought my sanger and they stepped all over the interior of my boat with their shoe on leaving oil stains and dirt behind. I know people are not that into taking off their shoes before getting into the boat but at least if your going to be working in a repair shop have some sort of cleaning service after you are done with the boat to clean off any obvious marks left behind. Needless to say I never have taken it back to the dealer for anything! Luckily for me I have found Topside marine in San Jose they take off their shoes every time they get into the boat and they cover the sides of the boat and trailer in plastic wrap to prevent any scratches. Sorry for the rant but had to get it out there!!!!
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-14-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
I like hearing that Delta Sport Boats has their service dept in good order. I just bought a 21v from them and Jodi/Steve were good guys to deal with but historically sale and service are different, we all know that ;-)
I like hearing those guys have a complete package, it also helps them with repeat purchases, large and small.
Old     (kiraly_74)      Join Date: May 2007       07-14-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Tracy Marine Sucks period. Go to boat Masters In Dublin those guys are great.