Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-01-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
I've been looking at getting a flex board recently and finally got to ride a slingshot recoil a few days ago but it was at a cable park and a majority of my riding is behind boat. The board was awesome and a lot of fun to mess around on and do presses but it felt a lot flexier than what I expected. I def see how I could have trouble with that board behind boat but I can't say for sure. So I was wondering what kind of experiences have some of yall had with hybrid flex boards.
Can you still press them out on the water without them recoiling and bouncing around? I thought the smooth presses on the recoil were so fun and if I couldn't do that on a hybrid board that would take away from the whole fun factor.
How do they compare to riding a slingshot or company?
What has been the experiences with sine wakeboards? I haven't hear much of people riding them except when some people demoed them really early in the year.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-01-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
I am swithching from a Watson to a Sine. I have been riding the Sine for a while and it seems to ride more like a traditional board than a flex board. It is a little different at first but not really much different than riding behind another boat the first time. You get used to it pretty quick.

Since I have been on a demo, I have not been able to slide it, so I cannot help there. The selling point for me is that it rides every bit as well as my Watson, but the flex and the spine on the thing make the landings incredibly soft.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-01-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
I have not ridden anything other than slingshot. definitely revolutionized the fun in wakeboarding, for me.

one thing to consider about Sine though is that you can go for a customized board. you can order one with a specified weight, size, and amount of FLEX in the "custom black" series. so when you get the opportunity to try their (sine) shape, and if you like it, but want more flex or something like that, then it can be done.
Also they're working on a second board, a park-friendly board. i imagine it will be out soon for 2010... if it is not already done and just no picks have surfaced yet?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-01-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
take a peek at Humanoid wake too. similar construction style to slingshot, company, and the new hybrid watson (foam and wood with durable sidewall materials). they have really subtle bottom features (compared to the watson hybrid).

http://www.humanoidwake.com/pages/boards.php
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-01-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
check out the interview with Gabe about his new CWB deck at TheWakePlace.com . I have a feeling its just what your looking for. Rides good on wake and sill presses sick.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-01-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
So Troy...whats gonna happen to the Watson??? Hmmmm...
Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       09-02-2009, 6:00 AM Reply   
I switched to slingshot for the 09 season for behind the boat, and I'm not going back to any other board! Now I cant wait to try it at the cable park!
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-02-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
I'm riding the Ennen, I will never let it go. This board is amazing
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
@ Jae G ... the old watson is still going to be offered along with the new one

Classic
Upload
New Shape
Upload
Hybrid
Upload
boot
Upload
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input, I will probably end up just buying a flex board this season because I have yet to hear someone say that they're impossible to get the hang of behind boat. I don't want to rule a hybrid out just yet though.

So you guys riding the Ennen or the Sine, does it still press out smoothly in flat water or are they too stiff and try to recoil back? I know they press out on rails but I'm curious if they press out on the water.
Old     (somebuddy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
I really want to try out a flex as well. Slingshot or Company? Who has ridden both?
Old     (party_foul)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-02-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
I ride the Company Severance 142 and I love it behind the boat. Its a little stiffer in the middle than a slingshot. Its sick on presses and it pops like a mother f#@$er, but the best part is the landings. So smooth. I rode a stiff board this last weekend and was taken them out into the flats and there is no comparison. Company all the way.

Peace
P.F. Wakecrew
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       09-02-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Okay I went to the sine website and I can't look at anything. Is is up an running or is it my computer. I want to check them out. Another things is who sells them.

http://sinewakeboards.com/
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
here is a video about the entire 2010 watson line
http://www.thewakeplace.com/?p=671

Brannon,
Sine's site seems to be working fine for me. i think only sine themselves sell the boards directly from the site, for now
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-02-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
Ive ridden slingshot and company. Im on the CO super ltd and its an awesome board. I ride both cable and boat, but mostly cable. As others have said the flex boards have a loose lively feel that just rocks. Having said that Im still going to demo some of these new hybrid boards and see how they go.